• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

OP
Cahudson42

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
HE5XX/Deva wired. -. Personally, I suspect this may check out quite well on distortion, allowing any fr EQ tweaking needed. But at 18ohms, absolutely needs amp delivering current/power at 18. My Liquid Spark seems to do just that. Let's see if it's a 'baby Ananda.' :)

tankas

Hey guys, tried to count the votes so far. These got more than 2 votes. There are twice as much with less votes.

1614041516320.png

Last edited:

paulraphael

How about the Dan Clark Aeon open-back? Maybe he'll send Amir the companion to the closed version that measured so well.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m glad that one model of the BOSE (SC35) was measured depite not being on the most wanted list.

The sleepers DT150/DT250 are also not on the most wanted list. Hope someday that someone will provide a DT150 with DT100 pads to Amir. I could send one but oversea shipments seem complicated.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
AKG N700NCM2. These throw quite a wide image for tiny cup closed things. Wider than K371BT at least. Also fairly inexpensive right now - 120ish on Amazon

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I’m glad that one model of the BOSE (SC35) was measured depite not being on the most wanted list.

The sleepers DT150/DT250 are also not on the most wanted list. Hope someday that someone will provide a DT150 with DT100 pads to Amir. I could send one but oversea shipments seem complicated.
The DT250 has measurements which were decent in certain areas. However, it is known to have imbalance issues due to the cable connection on the left cup, which is not properly sealed. Also, it has a gentle tilt downwards all along its bass, which, combined with a treble peak (minor for a Beyer), made it sound overly thin and bright for my liking when I listened to it. It might perform alright with EQ, but I do not have high hopes for Beyerdynamic drivers tbh, in terms of distortion. Their treble peaks often accentuate resonances too, and their flagship models have really bad ringing
(PS: It seems that the DT1990 has improved so what I said cannot be applied to their newer models. However, the DT250 is quite an old model so likely shares similar flaws as its siblings from the same era)

Last edited:

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The DT250 has measurements which were decent in certain areas. However, it is known to have imbalance issues due to the cable connection on the left cup, which is not properly sealed. Also, it has a gentle tilt downwards all along its bass, which, combined with a treble peak (minor for a Beyer), made it sound overly thin and bright for my liking when I listened to it. It might perform alright with EQ, but I do not have high hopes for Beyerdynamic drivers tbh, in terms of distortion. Their treble peaks often accentuate resonances too, and their flagship models have really bad ringing
(PS: It seems that the DT1990 has improved so what I said cannot be applied to their newer models. However, the DT250 is quite an old model so likely shares similar flaws as its siblings from the same era)

I don’t care so much of the higher number DTs, I have evaluated most of them in a published test in Sweden. The DT150 with DT100 pads is the best of the bunch, IMO. Neutral from start. No need for EQ.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t care so much of the higher number DTs, I have evaluated most of them in a published test in Sweden. The DT150 with DT100 pads is the best of the bunch, IMO. Neutral from start. No need for EQ.
Could you please link to that test?

Do you know if other measurements of the combination except these ones exist?

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Could you please link to that test?

Do you know if other measurements of the combination except these ones exist?

The article is from 2003 in a printed magazine. The measurements were made with the original pads so no measurement using DT100 pads in that article.

Top Bottom