• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Airpods/Airpods Pro.

AirPods Overwhelmingly Dominate Global Wireless Headset Market:
View attachment 108865
-With sales of over 300 million units, the True Wireless Stereo (TWS) Bluetooth headset sales market grew by almost 90 percent last year. Apple's ‌AirPods‌ own almost half of the entire market.

New report, released today.
that's insane. does this include the chinese market? xiaomi doesn't officially sell outside of the asian market does it?

given that graph, airpods/pro/max all need to be measured. who wants to drop ship to amir?

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
I heard AirPods are better than most <$30 replacements because the quality control is so good. There may be better measuring/sounding replacements but the pair you buy may not have the same measurements.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
I heard AirPods are better than most <$30 replacements because the quality control is so good. There may be better measuring/sounding replacements but the pair you buy may not have the same measurements.
Think you mean EarPods, though it's probably safe to say the more expensive wireless AirPods likely have good QC as well. Guessing you're referring to this post:
My statement is based on a a project a couple of years ago where we purchased and measured 10+ units of the most popular headphones and that was the conclusion: that QC and tolerances were quite wide. When you go to Chinese manufacturers, the prices goes up the tighter the tolerances and lower the volumes. The exception here are the Apple Earbuds which have remarkable consistency for something they used to include "free" with their devices. They have the benefit of volume and they send engineers to the factories to teach and monitor what is being made.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Just for your reference...
The regular Apple EarPods that used to be included with iPhones are no longer included in the box.
1612142836176.png

(Not my picture, but shows EarPods from older iPhone box)
There's nothing in the box anymore, besides the iPhone and a charging cable.
I know, since I have the latest iPhone 12 Pro.

Apple Explanation:
As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max do not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.
Same for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini.

Shazb0t

Creative Aurvana Live! simply because back 10-12 years ago these rebranded Fostexes w/ 40mm paper driver were in high regard as a budget pair - it would be fun to see how bad the THD is.
They still sound pretty good though!

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
Think you mean EarPods, though it's probably safe to say the more expensive wireless AirPods likely have good QC as well. Guessing you're referring to this post:
Yes, I meant the earpods and that is what I was referencing.
Just for your reference...
The regular Apple EarPods that used to be included with iPhones are no longer included in the box.
I had no idea that Apple wasn't including anything to listen to music any longer. Thanks for the info.

Feelas

They still sound pretty good though!
They do, especially for the size and price. THD must be on highish side, since they don't resolve nearly as well as they could, and the midbass hump was annoying some years ago, when I had these without a broken headband :(

Shazb0t

Last edited:

Feelas

composer

I join the requests for slovenian OLLO SX4

There's a lot of talking everywhere about them and they are definitely spreading (in Italy at list where I live).
Do you have any feedback to share?
I'd be interested in purchasing them

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And K702 ! :D (I will stay strong if Amir measures them & dislikes them in terms of measurements or listening tests....it would help me put both into perspective).

Top Bottom