• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't mind EQ, I do it either way on my hd800s. Glad to hear they perform, I've actually listened to LCD-X but it was less than ideal conditions and I couldn't EQ it, so the bass was very faint. Is there any significant difference between the X and the 2 in the bass?

Ive only had the 2 Closed for a few days, and I listen to them (so far) not EQd. Il report back when I have more time, I got them mainly for the office.

srsxmi

Forum Donor
Hi, I saw you own both the HD-800s and the LCD-X and 24. I currently have the hd800s and I am looking for a headphone with better Sub bass performance (Distortion wise). I am on the fence deciding whether to go for the X or the 24, is it worth the price increase in your opinion or you regretted buying the 24?
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. My actions probably speak louder than my words; I kept the LCD-24 and sold the LCD-X a 2018 version. I regret keeping the X as long as I did. The newer X is better, but still the 24 outperforms both. The 24 is a special edition and may not be available anymore, but you can find good deals (~40+% off) elsewhere - no need to pay full price for it. That said, try to audition both first. Finally, I auditioned the newer LCD-X (2021?) and still kept the 24.

Hope this helps.

Kevbaz

Would be great to see more IEMs measured
Kev

Reactions: RHO

LuminousMoth

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. My actions probably speak louder than my words; I kept the LCD-24 and sold the LCD-X a 2018 version. I regret keeping the X as long as I did. The newer X is better, but still the 24 outperforms both. The 24 is a special edition and may not be available anymore, but you can find good deals (~40+% off) elsewhere - no need to pay full price for it. That said, try to audition both first. Finally, I auditioned the newer LCD-X (2021?) and still kept the 24.

Hope this helps.
Hey man, thanks for the reply, I did end up trying both and my impressions align with yours. It took multiple visits and speaking to the manager for them to let me try the 24s, because they only had 1 in stock and they didn't want to open it for demo, but in the end they agreed that anyone spending that much money on a headphone must try it first. At the start I tried the X, the XC the 4z and the 5. Out of those I liked the X and the 5s, but the 5s were even more expensive. When I was finally going to try the 24 I already made up my mind to get the X due to the price, but it would be my only chance to audition the 24s. When I tried both side by side the 24s blew the X out of the water, especially in soundstage, the X sounded like a closed-back in comparison. So I ended up buying the 24.

Btw is that 24 that amir measured yours? If so would you be willing to send me the frequency response graph provided from Audeze? I tried Oratory's and Crinacle's EQ profiles but both sounded wrong. Amir's sounded the best but still not quite there, so I wanted to compare the graph audeze send me to yours and make the appropriate adjustments.

Thanks anyways.

srsxmi

Forum Donor
Hey man, thanks for the reply, I did end up trying both and my impressions align with yours. It took multiple visits and speaking to the manager for them to let me try the 24s, because they only had 1 in stock and they didn't want to open it for demo, but in the end they agreed that anyone spending that much money on a headphone must try it first. At the start I tried the X, the XC the 4z and the 5. Out of those I liked the X and the 5s, but the 5s were even more expensive. When I was finally going to try the 24 I already made up my mind to get the X due to the price, but it would be my only chance to audition the 24s. When I tried both side by side the 24s blew the X out of the water, especially in soundstage, the X sounded like a closed-back in comparison. So I ended up buying the 24.

Btw is that 24 that amir measured yours? If so would you be willing to send me the frequency response graph provided from Audeze? I tried Oratory's and Crinacle's EQ profiles but both sounded wrong. Amir's sounded the best but still not quite there, so I wanted to compare the graph audeze send me to yours and make the appropriate adjustments.

Thanks anyways.
Yes it was mine. I did not get an FR with them, but Amir's would likely be more accurate than one Audeze would have provided because I expect Audeze would send a target FR for the model (see Audeze FRs). You should be able to write to the Audeze support group and verify whether its specific to a model or individual HP. I also have their high end IEM (LCD-i4) and it did not come with an FR - just an Audeze USB drive with specs and maintenance for all products.

LuminousMoth

Yes it was mine. I did not get an FR with them, but Amir's would likely be more accurate than one Audeze would have provided because I expect Audeze would send a target FR for the model (see Audeze FRs). You should be able to write to the Audeze support group and verify whether its specific to a model or individual HP. I also have their high end IEM (LCD-i4) and it did not come with an FR - just an Audeze USB drive with specs and maintenance for all products.
You have to ask them with the S/N, I could ask them for you if you want to PM me your S/N or you just send then a message on their customer support. Its for individual HP. I know Amir's response is more accurate since its Raw but I want to compare all three together, the RAW measurement of Amir's and the 2 smoothed versions provided from Audeze for your pair and mine.

srsxmi

Forum Donor
You have to ask them with the S/N, I could ask them for you if you want to PM me your S/N or you just send then a message on their customer support. Its for individual HP. I know Amir's response is more accurate since its Raw but I want to compare all three together, the RAW measurement of Amir's and the 2 smoothed versions provided from Audeze for your pair and mine.
Thanks, request submitted. I'll send you the response.

usersky

Forum Donor
Panasonic RB-M700. It's very confortabile, cheap, well built, can be found everywhere, sounds surprisingly good to me. Oh and did I say how comfortable it is?

Kevbaz

Any IEMs by Campfire

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Old classic Sennheiser HD 414 headphones. Beloved by millions, including me, and still rotating in use of my pair from 1973.

RHO

Major Contributor
The new Hifiman Sundara closed back.

JeffGB

Shure SRH840a . They seem like a good candidate with EQ. I bought 2 sets for my wife and I. I used the Oratory 1990/Harman over-ear 2018 EQ and they sound quite neutral. Like the AKG 371 they have a lot of bass which the EQ cuts back.

Top Bottom