• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

tknx

I’d like to see in depth reviews of all the super cheap crap on Amazon. Like the Oneodio studio monitors and 60. The Samson SR580. All those under $50 random ones that all probably suck but who knows?

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Maybe some type of under water headphone? ;)

BOLNICHKA39

audeze lcd-2 witch fazor, they say that with fazor headphones have more pronounced high frequencies, which makes their frequency response more linear

etc6849

Stax SR-X9000 please :) They just came in the mail after waiting months for them, and they are hands down the best headphone I've ever heard. Have them hooked to an absolute world leading signal chain too (Benchmark DAC3 B -> HPA4 -> AHB2 x2 in mono -> iFi iESL electrostatic energizer. I must admit, I thought only my main system could sound like this.

20220217_132640.jpg

Kevbaz

Is it possible to measure wireless IEMs like JBL Club Pro+ Tws. Is it possible to measure also how the maternal DAC performs
Kev

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it possible to measure wireless IEMs like JBL Club Pro+ Tws. Is it possible to measure also how the maternal DAC performs
Kev
I wouldnt hold your breath. IEMs are a different challenge full stop (though he has tested a couple of buds) and I think there are separate issues with getting the right test signals to do the full tests via BT. Wouldnt have a clue how the other measurement based reviewers do it but they dont measure DACs, amps etc as well. TWS are becoming far more prevalent so maybe @amirm will put more focus into sorting wheat and chaff.

Kevbaz

I wouldnt hold your breath. IEMs are a different challenge full stop (though he has tested a couple of buds) and I think there are separate issues with getting the right test signals to do the full tests via BT. Wouldnt have a clue how the other measurement based reviewers do it but they dont measure DACs, amps etc as well. TWS are becoming far more prevalent so maybe @amirm will put more focus into sorting wheat and chaff.
Agree sounds like it is a different challenge to test TWS. Everyone I know know uses TWS even my wife and kids instead of wired headphones, would be great to see more testing with them.
Kev

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Agree sounds like it is a different challenge to test TWS. Everyone I know know uses TWS even my wife and kids instead of wired headphones, would be great to see more testing with them.
Kev
Crinacle has reviewed and measured quite a few . He has a best of list too iirc .

EeeGee

Stax SR-X9000 please :) They just came in the mail after waiting months for them, and they are hands down the best headphone I've ever heard. Have them hooked to an absolute world leading signal chain too (Benchmark DAC3 B -> HPA4 -> AHB2 x2 in mono -> iFi iESL electrostatic energizer. I must admit, I thought only my main system could sound like this.

View attachment 187348
W O W

Enjoy!

tknx

Hd8xx would be great only if it is done with sticker mod and without.

But the Zeos deal is dead so feel like it isn’t worth it at current pricing regardless. Might as well save up for an 800S.

tknx

But why would I without someone affirming the sticker mod actually fixes its significant reported issues?

And Amir shouldn’t review out of production headphones IMO. Since drop no longer Carrie’s then why waste time on something that will disappear from the market?

tknx

But why would I without someone affirming the sticker mod actually fixes its significant reported issues?

And Amir shouldn’t review out of production headphones IMO. Since drop no longer carries them then why waste time on something that will disappear from the market?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not headphones, but... Ferrum Erco DAC/Amp. Not a lot of chatter about this one, and I think it's worth a look.
They talk about "Ferum Power Link" and "HYPSOS" and cables as features, it smacks a little of snake oil.....I don't really know the detail of these features, but it sounds very much like snake oil to me.

Top Bottom