• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audioquest NightHawk Carbon !!!

The real HD-650 killer???

I'm surprised the review hasn't already been done.
I second that.
Hopefully somebody from the USA can send a pair of Nighthawks (Wood or Carbon, it's the same headphone besides the pads) to @amirm . :)

phoenixsong

I second that.
Hopefully somebody from the USA can send a pair of Nighthawks (Wood or Carbon, it's the same headphone besides the pads) to @amirm . :)

edahl

Yeah. It's disappointing that new headphone releases are flooded with youtube reviews that tell you nothing about measured performance.

Additionally, I would like to see more closed back headphone reviews like AIAIAI TMA-2 HD Studio, Shure SRH1540 and Sennheiser HD 300 Pro.
I second the Shure SRH1540. Audiophiles love to call it boring but I get the impression that's rather arbitrary and that Shure knows what they're doing. Completely uninformed take, it's just a hunch.

Jose Hidalgo

I guess I wasn't clear enough. :)
Here we are only talking about Amir testing headphones, not about other testers.
I would be interested in Amir's review of the Nighthawk, not in what others have already said about it.
For the record I already own two Nighthawks (check my avatar ;) ). But I'm in Europe so I won't be sending them overseas.

phoenixsong

I guess I wasn't clear enough. :)
Here we are only talking about Amir testing headphones, not about other testers.
I would be interested in Amir's review of the Nighthawk, not in what others have already said about it.
For the record I already own two Nighthawks (check my avatar ;) ). But I'm in Europe so I won't be sending them overseas.
With the number of cross references available from those existing measurements, it is easy to get a clear idea of what Amir's review of it would be like. If people insist to go your way and depend on Amir to measure every single popular headphone in existence, I think his lifespan would be shortened by another decade or so after measuring only a hundred of them :) We hobbyists should do what we can, when we can

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Thread notice: Please be reminded that this thread is intended to be a Member Wish list of Headphones for Amir to test. Posting replies with links to other, and possibly less reputable, test sites, is not appropriate for this thread. Let Members who post a recommended headphone do their own research unless they specifically request help finding other reviews. All this off topic posting is just clogging up the thread.

Please stay on topic. Thank you kindly for your understanding.

Jose Hidalgo

With the number of cross references available from those existing measurements, it is easy to get a clear idea of what Amir's review of it would be like. If people insist to go your way and depend on Amir to measure every single popular headphone in existence, I think his lifespan would be shortened by another decade or so after measuring only a hundred of them :) We hobbyists should do what we can, when we can
As said by Adam, other links are irrelevant in this thread. If cross references mattered here, Amir would never have measured widely known headphones such as the HD600/HD650/HD800S and many others. The purpose of Amir is to offer his own take on the headphones he chooses, and also on the headphones he selects among those suggested on this thread, regardless of their market popularity.

I personally don't need any cross references on a headphone that I already own twice. But I'd be really interested in Amir's take on it. Especially on his technical explanations about measurements other than the mere FR : driver quality and low distortion (thus EQ potential) for instance. Also on his subjective impressions AFTER EQ, not before. ;)

edahl

Yup. +1. My sneaky suspicion is they will measure very well for distortion etc. But, like the Stealth, they may prove to be worthy of the crown but its not a price I'm prepared to pay.
Every day I flip-flop between upgrading my HE1000se to a Susvara or to "settle" for an HD800/S and pocket the difference.

G|force

Forum Donor
Ugh Duh Sorry! Please forgive me
Sony '02
Sony '06
Sony '10
Sony '20
Sony V500 :)

Last edited:

MrBrainwash

Sluchawki-CREATIVE-Aurvana-Live-SE-01-front.jpg

Creative Aurvana Live SE

with EQ sounds pretty good :)

Graph Feppar

Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser HD560S
Ollo S4X
Austrian Audio X65
Avantone Planar Pro
iBasso SR2
Beyerdynamic DT900 Pro X

Electrostats:
Audeze CRBN
Dan Clark VOCE
Nectar Hive
Stax SR X9000

Last edited:

Budgeter

Audio Technica ATH-R70x

dlaloum

Major Contributor
How about some classic Vintage Headphones - those that were TOTL in the 80's and 90's - which can now frequently be found relatively cheaply...

How does a 1980's Beyer DT880 Perform (or the badge engineered Revox 3100 - same thing different label) - AKG, Stax, even Realistic (badge engineered from various others...) had excellent TOTL headphones - all well before things like the Harman curve and associated studies kicked off...

Top Bottom