• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Kevbaz

Dan Clark Audio AEON closed X please,
Cheers
Kev

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have a self-modded MH750 (IEMs) I'm willing to send over! Mods were for a little bass reduction and treble extension.

2 concerns though:
- This community did not appreciate modded products in the past; this case is a bit different because there are already many measurements of the original stock non-modded version everywhere, and the mod is so easy that someone who cannot do soldering (yours truly) is able to perform it too (blutack stuffing and tip swap, the IEM itself is designed to be easily opened, and the exact parts for modding are easily accessible)
- I listen with S sized tips, M and L sized ones will sound different to varying degrees (will have to order tips in those sizes for Amir if he decides to test them)

Last edited:

RHO

Major Contributor
- I listen with S sized tips, M and L sized ones will sound different to varying degrees (will have to order tips in those sizes for Amir if he decides to test them)
It's not the size that changes the sound but the way you are able to insert the IEM in the ear with a different size tip. (good seal vs bad seal, deeper vs less deep). So this is a very personal thing. No 2 persons will be able to fit an IEM in 100% the exact same way.
What matters is the tip size used during measurements. The insertion depth influences the measurements and with the right tip-size it is possible to create consistent insertion depth into the fixture. This creates consistency between measurements on different model IEMs.

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's not the size that changes the sound but the way you are able to insert the IEM in the ear with a different size tip. (good seal vs bad seal, deeper vs less deep). So this is a very personal thing. No 2 persons will be able to fit an IEM in 100% the exact same way.
What matters is the tip size used during measurements. The insertion depth influences the measurements and with the right tip-size it is possible to create consistent insertion depth into the fixture. This creates consistency between measurements on different model IEMs.
Bore length changes with tip size though, even if all other factors somehow remain the same

RHO

Major Contributor
Bore length changes with tip size though, even if all other factors somehow remain the same
I think that depends on the brand of the tips. I don't think length changes with size for all brands.

RHO

Major Contributor
See the Aeon RT closed. Pretty much the same thing acoustically.
That's what you assume. Let's have Amir measure one to confirm it.

RHO

Major Contributor

deafenears

Forum Donor

Top Bottom