• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm AKG K702 are on sale at the moment on Adorama (less than half price at 145 USD, so might be an opportune time to get them for testing if you were ever considering buying rather than someone sending in):

RHO

Major Contributor

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like there might be unit variances for the HD560S
Not sure why we're talking about this in an "Amir Measures Next" thread, but Oratory measured my HD560s and two other units and unit variation has been quite low and channel matching good on my unit....I haven't posted the measurements he did of my HD560s yet as I'm waiting to hear back from him re a few questions I have first....but I'll be posting it in the HD560s owners thread:
Feel free to carry your post over to that thread as it's probably more relevant. It's good that Crinacle has measured another sample, more information then the better.

Reactions: RHO

RHO

Major Contributor
Not sure why we're talking about this in an "Amir Measures Next" thread, but Oratory measured my HD560s and two other units and unit variation has been quite low and channel matching good on my unit....I haven't posted the measurements he did of my HD560s yet as I'm waiting to hear back from him re a few questions I have first....but I'll be posting it in the HD560s owners thread:
Feel free to carry your post over to that thread as it's probably more relevant. It's good that Crinacle has measured another sample, more information then the better.
Someone has send in an HD560s for review. So, if there is quite a bit of unit to unit variance Amir's review of a single unit could not be representative for a large part of owners reading the review. (EQ recommandations could be off etc...)

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Someone has send in an HD560s for review. So, if there is quite a bit of unit to unit variance Amir's review of a single unit could not be representative for a large part of owners reading the review. (EQ recommandations could be off etc...)
Oh, ok, you're answering my rhetorical question of why we're talking about unit to unit variation of HD560s in an "Amir Measures Next" thread. Well it's still a tenuous link because all headphones have variation, that doesn't preclude them from being measured on this site or not - also the HD560s does not have bad unit to unit variation, there are many headphones that have worse - it's silly to say you wouldn't measure a headphone on here because of some reports of unit to unit variation - it's not a reliable enough basis (statistically) to make that decision. But anyway, I'd be looking forward to Amir measuring an HD560s, it's a good headphone. I don't think we should pollute this thread anymore with this discussion though, because it's off topic - like I urged @phoenixsong to post his findings in the HD560s Owners Thread which is far more relevant to this discussion, following link:

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oh, ok, you're answering my rhetorical question of why we're talking about unit to unit variation of HD560s in an "Amir Measures Next" thread. Well it's still a tenuous link because all headphones have variation, that doesn't preclude them from being measured on this site or not - also the HD560s does not have bad unit to unit variation, there are many headphones that have worse - it's silly to say you wouldn't measure a headphone on here because of some reports of unit to unit variation - it's not a reliable enough basis (statistically) to make that decision. But anyway, I'd be looking forward to Amir measuring an HD560s, it's a good headphone. I don't think we should pollute this thread anymore with this discussion though, because it's off topic - like I urged @phoenixsong to post his findings in the HD560s Owners Thread which is far more relevant to this discussion, following link:
I was thinking along the same lines as @RHO Given that someone has already sent in the highly anticipated HD560S which still has yet to be measured *by Amir, we will be seeing the results on this site soon and any discrepancies might be addressed by the link I posted. At least to me, it would definitely be of interest to many people awaiting its measurements here and is related to this thread, being mentioned earlier. Can you explain your POV to me, maybe in a PM if you are afraid of "polluting" this thread?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was thinking along the same lines as @RHO Given that someone has already sent in the highly anticipated HD560S which still has yet to be measured *by Amir, we will be seeing the results on this site soon and any discrepancies might be addressed by the link I posted. At least to me, it would definitely be of interest to many people awaiting its measurements here and is related to this thread, being mentioned earlier. Can you explain your POV to me, maybe in a PM if you are afraid of "polluting" this thread?
It's not a very complicated topic, I've already said everything that relates to it, there's nothing more to add, I won't be replying more on this topic in this thread.
EDIT: further discussions in HD560s Owners Thread (linked earlier).

Last edited:

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
These upcoming headphones from Harman would be interesting to review I think :
Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 08.52.21.png

My wallet is locked and loaded and ready to fire.
Looks to me like a passive, open pair of over-ears ?

Kevbaz

Grado rs1x when they ship :)

RHO

Major Contributor

Michel Forbes

I got a pair of OllO SR4, they are pretty versatile for listening and recording.
Waiting to buy a second pair, the S4.
Driving with different headphone amplifier as Mr.Nixie (6NPN28v Russian Tube), Merging Nadac and Albatros Headphone Amplifier.
I bought a second pair the S4X, the new pads are more comfortable.
The sound is more open, more like listening to a pair of speakers.

Top Bottom