• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
These Beyers in particular!

DT-770 (I used to have these)

DT-880 (everyone raves about the 600 ohm version but is it really better?)

DT1990 (I have these with Dekoni Hybrid pads and I wonder if Amir will like them as much as I do)
I am going to be selling a pair of dt880 600o (I just don’t listen to them). If the buyer is ok with it we could ship through amir

anibal66

Forum Donor
+1 to the Sony noise cancelling models, or other NCs

NCs have so much improved my experience of conmuting and walking around big cities.

samwell7

Shure SRH940 (or any of the higher end Shure models e.g. 1440, 1540, 1840).
Shure refer to the 940 as flat/neutral and state the higher end closed back model (1540) is more geared towards enjoyment rather than accurate representation here

IoYajGahju

Personally I'm very curious about having another set of measurements for current ANC BT headphones (Beats Solo Pro, Bose 700, Momentum 3, etc...).

I would like to second request for a measurement of Sennheiser Momentum 3, and, if it's not too much trouble :) it would be nice if Amirm took the time to check out group delay characteristics - group delay seems a bit on the worrisome side for this unit according to RTINGS (yeah yeah I know, but nobody else bothered to measure...so far)

perhaps also differences between its group delay behavior when using bluetooth, wired connection using jack (they can do that), wired connection using USB (they can do that too)

Very curious whether there will be difference (I sort of vaguely suspect it will)

Also it would be interesting to see just how the built in (app-managed) equalizer works.
It's a rather weaksauce equalizer (3 bands IIRC) but it's interesting how exactly it operates (just how wide the "bass" band is, etc.) and what corrections can one pull off with it

Overall it's a very interesting device (wish the in-app equalizer sucked less tho)

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Airpods/Airpods Pro.

AirPods Overwhelmingly Dominate Global Wireless Headset Market:
1611785334249.png

-With sales of over 300 million units, the True Wireless Stereo (TWS) Bluetooth headset sales market grew by almost 90 percent last year. Apple's ‌AirPods‌ own almost half of the entire market.

New report, released today.

Feelas

Creative Aurvana Live! simply because back 10-12 years ago these rebranded Fostexes w/ 40mm paper driver were in high regard as a budget pair - it would be fun to see how bad the THD is.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Airpods/Airpods Pro.

One set of measurements I'd be interested in is to try to evaluate the impact of the phenomenon that some people experience with the AirPods Max whereby water droplets start to gather on the driver after extended use. So basically a before / after FR curve measurement. But that may be very difficult to reliably do as they'll dry quickly once removed from someone's head (and the APM and APP already are difficult to properly measure to start with).

samwell7

Creative Aurvana Live! simply because back 10-12 years ago these rebranded Fostexes w/ 40mm paper driver were in high regard as a budget pair - it would be fun to see how bad the THD is.
As far as I know they've been discontinued and the version 2 are nowhere near as good.
I know this because I was looking at getting a set today, disappointing

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Top Bottom