• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

escalibur

Thank you so much for kind words. It means a lot to me. Currently I have DT990 for testing. Let's get through that and hopefully someone sends in the 1990.
I'm very curious about DT 1990 Pros' results. :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
bro how many stuffs you have in waiting for test ahaha , i imagine u have a cargo waiting in your house ahahah
I have a dozen or more low-end headphones. I also own one high-end headphone. And a few vintage Stax. More high-end ones are coming for testing as well. Fortunately these things are small compared to speakers so not as overwhelming.

jfree77

Forum Donor
Verite is coming. Didn't realize there is open and closed versions. If so, which is more common?

Zach would have the real answer, but everything I've seen points to the Open being more popular (or at least seen more frequently in enthusiasts circles like reddit and head-fi).

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Zach would have the real answer, but everything I've seen points to the Open being more popular (or at least seen more frequently in enthusiasts circles like reddit and head-fi).
Agree very probably open is more common.

Judas

Sennheiser HD 800S.

KTN46

These Beyers in particular!

DT-770 (I used to have these)

DT-880 (everyone raves about the 600 ohm version but is it really better?)

DT1990 (I have these with Dekoni Hybrid pads and I wonder if Amir will like them as much as I do)

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Slate VSX, if it's even possible. It's a system with a pair of calibrated headphones and modeling software that can apply headphone or room templates, along the same lines as microphone modeling. Would love to see it compared with the headphones it's designed to model.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Slate VSX, if it's even possible. It's a system with a pair of calibrated headphones and modeling software that can apply headphone or room templates, along the same lines as microphone modeling. Would love to see it compared with the headphones it's designed to model.
Quite an interesting headphone. Indeed would be great to play with it.

Feelas

Oh, second that. It's similar to Smyth Realizer, sparing the big box & advanced 14.2 capabilites.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Sennheiser HD 58X. I'm surprised it hasn't been asked more, probably because it's available somewhere else?
Maybe because Sennheiser have a lot of headphones and production runs that cover similar ground:

Sennheiser HD580, HD580 Jubilee, HD58X Jubilee
Sennheiser HD600 v1 (Ireland), v2 (Romania)
Sennheiser HD650 v1 (Ireland), v2 (Romania), HD6XX

You could pick any of those and be a few dB away from having the others in theory. solderdude has some nice rundowns of many of those headphones.

How about the Sennheiser HD 300 Pro ($200)? It's competing in a similar price range to other popular closed-back headphones, the AKG K371 and Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. Wish they hadn't discontinued the HD 380 Pro because it was my favorite A/V production headphone but I'm curious to see how this replacement compares.

PiyKat

I would really like to see Hifiman Sundara. Already own a pair and these are the best sub $500 headphones I've heard. Would really like to know how I can EQ them to make them even better.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
He needs a different device for IE.

would like to see audeze lcd1 (2020). Haven’t seen any other measurements for them.

Top Bottom