• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphone(s) do you own ?

kn0ppers

Beyerdynamic T5p MkII (for enhanced train-rides)
AudioQuest Nightowl (really comfortable in my opinion, most used at home)

...and hopefully soon a pair of Focal Clear Professional. If I find oil in my backyard.

Edit: I forgot my old DJ'ing headphones as I usually don't count them, but for the sake of completeness.

Sennheiser-HD25 (seemingly indestructible workhorses)
Aiaiai-TMA1 (also very sturdy, was ahead of it's time regarding features back then while not really excelling in any particular discipline)

And a bunch of IEMs, including Beyerdynamic Xelento, UE 900 and a few others...

Last edited:

GelbeMusik

Just curious ...
What headphone(s) do you currently own ?
Which one(s) is(are) used the most, or is your favorite ?

Sennheiser HD58X from massdrop - quite tight on my bulky head, but keeping it on a wider stand helps
Bose noise cancellation, the expensive one, only used for flights and occasionally in my cubicle office, way too bassy

monkeyboy

Beyerdynamic T5p MkII (for enhanced train-rides)
AudioQuest Nightowl (really comfortable in my opinion, most used at home)

...and hopefully soon a pair of Focal Clear Professional. If I find oil in my backyard.

Edit: I forgot my old DJ'ing headphones as I usually don't count them, but for the sake of completeness.

Sennheiser-HD25 (seemingly indestructible workhorses)
Aiaiai-TMA1 (also very sturdy, was ahead of it's time regarding features back then while not really excelling in any particular discipline)

And a bunch of IEMs, including Beyerdynamic Xelento, UE 900 and a few others...

How do you like T5p? I've had my eye on them for a while, do the attenuate outside noise well?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Over Ear:
Sennheiser HD660s (on order)
AKG K712Pro (Sheepskin Earpads)
Massdrop x HifiMan HE4xx
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0
Superlux HD681

On Ear:
AKG K452
Sennheiser PX100 (30 years old, but still working)

In Ear:
Moondrop Starfields
MEEAudio Pinnacle P1
Fiio EX1
Blon BL-03

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I now own Audeze LCD-3 and listen to them on two setups. In my music room (repurposed dining room) on a Topping DX7 Pro fed by a WiFi connected 2GB Raspberry Pi 4 running Volumio and in my office on a Project Polaris fed by JRiver running on my NUC. I have FLAC and DSF files on a NAS server.

Martin

OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
You mean to permanently bow the steel band? Or is there some knob to be switched?

yes, bend like this:
index.php

It can be bent back as well if need be or in case you over did the bending.

sthEn

Superlux HD330 - love them, great value for it's price, was using them for last 4 years i believe.
Superlux HD660 - needed anything closed for office
Monolith M1060 - new upgrade from HD330 - absolutely stunning

mokoaguswan

Grado ms2e modded
Neumann NDH20
Audeze LCD4

JH Audio Angie
Fitear MH335DW
B&O H9
Sony MDR1AM2

koro

Sennheiser hd 58x
Superlux hd681
Superlux hd668b
Hifiman HE4xx

Apple earbuds: embarrassing, but they’re my most used earphones, they sound nice in my particular ears, sound changes a lot depending on the position of the port.

VE monks and a dozen cheap hyped IEMs.

I wish I had saved for some hd650s, instead.

Atratusnex

im new here so this will be some sort of introduction. i own 12 headphones.

On-Headphone:
Akg 702 ( love them, still the most used ones i own, very natural and true sounding for me )
Akg 612 ( similar to the akg 702 but with smaller sound stage ) modded them now with dakoni velour style pads and different damping.
Audiotechnica ath w 5000 ( measures like hell and sounds only with some music good to me, but for this music i will keep it)
Audioquest nighthawak ( measures very well but has some odd sounding, only used with some music mostly with eq)
beyerdynamic mmx 300 / dt 700 with mic ( only used for gaming, v shaped)
beyerdynamic custom street ( dont use it that much)
Akg 240 600 ohm modded ( fun modding project, somewhat u shaped now ) shure velour pads, no damping and bass mod.
Koss esp 95x ( just very different, fucking great mids and highs)
1more triple driver over ear ( very u shaped often the bass is just too much for me, like its highs.)

in-Headphones:
heir 4 ai ( very natural and true, akg k702 in iem shape)
KZ zs 10 pro ( quite good for its price, u shaped)
tin t2 ( dont like them that much, mostly used for podcast)

Owned and sold many times more than this.

Last edited:

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Currently:
DT 1990
DT 770 (250 ohm)
Creative Aurvana Live

Most used: DT 770. I'm fan of them. They are legendary. Aurvana still sounds good but it's uncomfortable(small earcups) and sound congested compared to others so i don't use it. DT 1990 is often used but they are way too much fatiguing. Both sound and comfort fatiguing.

OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Aurvana still sounds good but it's uncomfortable(small earcups) and sound congested compared to others so i don't use it.

I heard it that way too. Owned one for quite a while.

J Dilla

ATH m50x with the pleather brainwavs pads. I modded them to be able to replace the cable. They don't fold anymore since that small plastic stopper on the hinge broke, so they're glued in place.

I'm looking at getting the DT 1990 with a passive in-line filter from DIY-Audio-Heaven. I'm going to dig around this forum to see if I can find a better option and hopefully save some cash too.

Last edited:

th0m

I was really into headphones a few years back but sold everything and got myself a speaker setup instead after getting my first "proper" apartment. Now that I have a three month old baby who needs to sleep early, I decided to order some trusty old HD650's for late night listening.

Oh, and I also have a pair of Sony XBA‑N3 iem's that barely get any use.

Top Bottom