• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphone(s) do you own ?

gitaarwerk

Sennheiser HD 800S & Sennheiser momentum (not sure which version, probably 1 or 2).

Momentum for on the road/public transport, and the 800D with EQ on a cheap android phone with Poweramp EQ as player and a Topping G5. Not unhappy.

Peterinvan

Different use cases....
I listen to different genres and feel privileged to have favourite headphones to suit (for my ears; YMMV).
All terminated with 4.4mm balanced cables (except the Fostex).

Meze 109 Pro - open with wide sound stage and pinpoint imaging. Suits most genres, but electronic bass sounds better than acoustic bass. These are getting the most use right now.
Audeze LCD-XC (Bubinga) - closed with very good isolation; suits most genres; a "bass cocoon". Serious listening sessions when in my recliner, with head supported.
Focal Elegia (Stellia Limited Pads) - closed with good isolation; acoustic bass sounds taught and "woody". Jazz and some pop. Good with Netflix movies (Cayin RU6 from my iPad).
Oppo PM3 (sheepskin pads) - closed. The rectangular shape of the cups make these the best for in bed listening as there is less pressure on the backs of the cups against your pillow.
Fostex T50RP (lots of mods and sheepskin pads) - with a long custom cable for listening to TV (Onkyo A-9110 amp), without disturbing anyone else. Pretty good isolation.

Meze Rai Solo - out for a walk with my FiiO M11 Pro. These suit my preference for bass heavy music; suits most genres.
Shure SE 535 (red, with Comply long foam tips) - my noise blockers for in flight listening.

ManuCV

Since I use the search function in the forum quite a lot to check opinions on some headphones and speakers, I thought it would be ok to share my headphones. Sometimes it's good to know that someone has a specific model in case you want some feedback.
I don't use headphones that much at home, that's why you will see more portables than anything:

-Beyerdynamic T51i
-Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (1st Gen)
-Sennheiser HD-25-1 II
-Sennheiser HD-560S
-Avantone Pro Planar
-Hifiman HE400i (2017 version, I think)
-Mr. Speakers Aeon Flow Closed (very first model, before being DCA)
-Bowers & Wilkins PX7
-Truthear Zero (I like them a lot and so far the only IEM comfy enough to keep)

achingears

focal elear w/ elex pads and hd6xx. srh1840 is on the way. and I once had sundara and hd560s but returned and sold them cuz they were too peaky in mid-treble for my taste

Hansie

Stationary :
Audeze closed power and equalized via the Minidsp shd studio and ears.
heavy but not an issue for me, sound wise really suits me.

Mobile, gym, calls during work : B&W P7 wireless.
Via iPhone or (work) laptop.

Looking for an upgrade for the tired P7 :
- wireless or only a wire direct to my iPhone, no additional amps etc.
- like to have a sound quality closer to my Audeze set up.

First wanna check out the B&W PX7S2/PX8 or Focal Bathys.
Check out how good they are when hard wired.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Sold my Beyerdynamics. I'm looking for something new. At the moment I only own small in-ear JBL Tune 205s. I love them for what they are. It's a nice sound, not exaggerated in any part of the specter and it's a shape I can use with my poorly designed/evolved ears. :) They came really cheap.

I had Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO and I liked them, but they weren't the ones to stay with me. I passed them on. What I noticed the most about their sound was lack of low end.

I was recommended here in ASR to try AKG K371 and I'm thinking about it.

ManuCV

Stationary :
Audeze closed power and equalized via the Minidsp shd studio and ears.
heavy but not an issue for me, sound wise really suits me.

Mobile, gym, calls during work : B&W P7 wireless.
Via iPhone or (work) laptop.

Looking for an upgrade for the tired P7 :
- wireless or only a wire direct to my iPhone, no additional amps etc.
- like to have a sound quality closer to my Audeze set up.

First wanna check out the B&W PX7S2/PX8 or Focal Bathys.
Check out how good they are when hard wired.
I can't comment on PX7 S2 or PX8, but I do have the PX7 and they sound exactly the same when wired. Battery is needed to run them wired so the internal DAC etc is still in place - no difference in the sound whatsoever. I would expect the same on the newer models.

Jayzqa

Atm I have only my Sennheiser HD 660s and HyperX Cloud 2 wireless headsets for things that require no-wires activities (teams meetings, saving children from the laundry machine, etc)

I hate having too much stuff lying around :D

bodhi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have HD600 and LCD-X left. I gave away bunch of ~200€ headphones to family members. I thought it would be nice to have different ones to switch to once in a while but I never did and got tired of them littering my view.

joseG86

I had many but this is the only one left, my love...

d8kp.png

Waddie

headphones: audeze lcd-xc '21, audio-technica ath-awas, audio-technica ath-wp900 (daily driver - very versatile), drop+focal elex, focal radiance, fostex t60rp, fostex th-900 pearl, fostex th-909 (my fav), grado white, hifiman ananda, rosson audio rad-0 (in transit), sony mdr-z7m2

iem: ikko oh7, ikko oh10, fiio fh7

dead: grado 80, grado 125, grado 225, grado rs2 ... it's always the f'n cable
I'm looking at wp900 to use as commute and recreational walking , world browsing headphone. It comes highly recommended as properly portable wired hires set of overears

xeizo

I own a lot of headphones, generally most can be made to sound significantly better using EAPO + PEACE on Windows or Wavelet on Android so all is not black and white. I also own a lot of sources. But, yeah, I'm not the ultra-fidelity gold ear kind, I'm a music lover and also a musician and with aged ears. I go by: "if it sounds good, it is good" without further analysis.

Currently mostly listening to:

Sony MDR-Z7M2 using SMSL D-6/SH-6 on Windows

Some of the other cans, in no particular order

Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro
Hifiman HE400SE
Sennheiser HD600
Beyerdynamic DT900 ProX
AKG K612
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm
Sony MDR-1AM2
Shure SRH-840A
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X
Sony WH-H900N
Sony MDR-ZX700
AKG K240 Studio
Creative Aurvana Live! SE
Samson SR850C
Philips SHP-8900
Sennheiser HD429
Sony MDR-CD770

and a few other cans

I have several audio interfaces, digital mixers, old-school HiFi and what not but I do think my SMSL-combo has an edge on everything else in sounding better.

For portable, I just use my Sony Xperia 5 Mark IV as it has a headphone output and pushes surprisingly high volume levels, but I use Bluetooth mostly(WH-H900N) as I don't want a wire when out and about. I hate IEMS as I find them terribly uncomfortable :)

I own a lot of headphones, generally most can be made to sound significantly better using EAPO + PEACE on Windows or Wavelet on Android so all is not black and white. I also own a lot of sources. But, yeah, I'm not the ultra-fidelity gold ear kind, I'm a music lover and also a musician and with aged ears. I go by: "if it sounds good, it is good" without further analysis.

Currently mostly listening to:

Sony MDR-Z7M2 using SMSL D-6/SH-6 on Windows

Some of the other cans, in no particular order

Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro
Hifiman HE400SE
Sennheiser HD600
Beyerdynamic DT900 ProX
AKG K612
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm
Sony MDR-1AM2
Shure SRH-840A
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X
Sony WH-H900N
Sony MDR-ZX700
AKG K240 Studio
Creative Aurvana Live! SE
Samson SR850C
Philips SHP-8900
Sennheiser HD429
Sony MDR-CD770

and a few other cans

I have several audio interfaces, digital mixers, old-school HiFi and what not but I do think my SMSL-combo has an edge on everything else in sounding better.

For portable, I just use my Sony Xperia 5 Mark IV as it has a headphone output and pushes surprisingly high volume levels, but I use Bluetooth mostly(WH-H900N) as I don't want a wire when out and about. I hate IEMS as I find them terribly uncomfortable :)
Very impressive headphone collection!

Cylphio

The collection continues

135-Moondrop Blessing 2 5/5
136-Sennheiser HD560S 4,5/5
137-Etymotic ER2SE 4,5/5
138-Shure SRH440A 2022 4/5
139-Shure SRH840A 2022 4,5/5
140-Moondrop Quarks 3,5/5
141-Ollo Audio S4X v.1.1 4,5/5
142-Sennheiser HD4.50btnc 3/5
143-Koss KPH40 4/5
144-AKG Samsung Buds 2/5
145-HIFIMAN HE400SE 4,5/5
146-Soundcore Life 2 Neo 3,5/5
147-Beyerdynamic DT700X
148-HIFIMAN Edition XS 4,5/5
150-HifiMan Sundara 2020 5/5
151-Sennheiser HD2.30i 3/5
152-Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm
153-Koss KSC35BT 4/5
154-Jbl Tune 710BT 4/5
155-Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro LTD 250 Ohm cc & felt mod 4,5/5

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
headphones: audeze lcd-xc '21, audio-technica ath-awas, audio-technica ath-wp900 (daily driver - very versatile), drop+focal elex, focal radiance, fostex t60rp, fostex th-900 pearl, fostex th-909 (my fav), grado white, hifiman ananda, rosson audio rad-0 (in transit), sony mdr-z7m2

iem: ikko oh7, ikko oh10, fiio fh7

dead: grado 80, grado 125, grado 225, grado rs2 ... it's always the f'n cable
Grado just has no respect for their customers. The totl has an even worse cable than the bottom.

KJohnM

HiFiMAN DEVA Pros
Sony XM4
Sony XM3
Audiofly AF160
7Hz Salnote Zero (currently on its way from China!)

tgbass

Sennheiser HD650
AKG K371
HiFiMan HE6SE (Really not a fan of these. They just sound so harsh to me.)
Shure SRH440 (I use these when I'm listening to recordings of myself playing for work/audition prep.)

Last edited:

neg

Dan Clark Expanse
JVC ha-fw10000
Snorry NM-1
Beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO to 4 pin xlr mod
Sennheiser hd 558 with little acoustic mod and 4 pin xlr mod

Also I am ex-owner of pioneer master se-1 and Snorry Trion

Top Bottom