• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Stealthy Livingroom stack.

IMG_5474.JPG

odarg64

Used daily: Grado SR225e / SR325 / Koss KSC75
Each powered by a Schiit Fulla E DAC/amp
------
Grado SR325x (I find them unlistenable)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51065

Just curious ...
What headphone(s) do you currently own ?
Which one(s) is(are) used the most, or is your favorite ?
I prefer loudspeakers; seem more real than headphones, but when I have to use them I just spent about £200 on a pair of Sennheiser hd599 & Beyerdynamic dt770 with a Schiit Magni 3+. Good enough.

Bow_Wazoo

HE-1000 V2

PSX_20220822_072715.jpg

Since Friday I am also the owner of the HE-1000V2.
Already after a few minutes it was clear that it is a hit.
This headphone takes one on a fantastic journey. I do not know how to put my enthusiasm into words. But at this Hifman comes very close to my ideas of a perfect headphone.
No matter what genre, it sounds stunning!

I've had most TOTL headphones in my possession, but this Hifiman is clearly my new number one!
The thing is addictive, I got up at six o'clock today and listened to approx 7 hrs.

PS. the HE-1000 V2, sounds more like I wanted the LCD-5.
Because compared to this one, it doesn't show any aggressiveness, and is still, veeery airy, ultra precise and super high-resolution.

Last edited:

don'ttrustauthority

Forum Donor
While the Stealth's away, the Hemp will play! My new tube amp won't play well with hard to drive planars, but Hemp is sounding marvelous through this distortion creator. A very wide open musical soundscape with enough separation between instruments to denote location but maintaining an intimate sense of space.

I also love the tone with wood and brass instruments.

Hey @Snoopy - nice cans man! Could you briefly compare them? Curious wallets want to know!:oops::)

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Hey @Snoopy - nice cans man! Could you briefly compare them? Curious wallets want to know!:oops::)
Plenty of good reviews out there that compare them better then I ever could:)

But the Liric sound better... But considering the price difference the noire come damn close if you use oratory1990 EQ settings on both.

The liric feel definitely more valuable (material quality). And have better isolation. They are easier to drive.

The noire are more comfortable and sound very good as well. Especially for half the price of the liric.

Thanks man - perfect!

Wow, 103 pages of comments.

Focal Clear MG's are my favorite headphones to listen to music with. Some music that has less high's and CSN first record, I prefer listening to music with Beyerdynamic 1990's which have a brighter top end.

odarg64

While the Stealth's away, the Hemp will play! My new tube amp won't play well with hard to drive planars, but Hemp is sounding marvelous through this distortion creator. A very wide open musical soundscape with enough separation between instruments to denote location but maintaining an intimate sense of space.

I also love the tone with wood and brass instruments.
Wrong forum. Unverifiable headphones 'impressions' belong here: https://www.head-fi.org/

Somafunk

Major Contributor

odarg64

Attack dog “mode” enabled?

Last edited:

Moravid

Forum Donor
Sennheiser HD700, before that a pair of AD900x and AD700. The Audio Technica were magical with female vocals, sadly were very sucky with everything else. Currently considering HD800s but that would require RME DAC/amp for EQ when connected to non-PC sources

Top Bottom