• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Firefly00

Sennheiser HD-497
Sennheiser HD-650
Hifiman Ananda
Apple Airpods Max
Apple Airpods Pro

I have considered adding DCA Noire to that list, but been saving my money.
What situations do you prefer the AirPods Pro over the Max, and vise versa?

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What situations do you prefer the AirPods Pro over the Max, and vise versa?

I use the AirPods Pro when at the bar or on a car ride, the Max is better for the office and for when battery life is important. The AirPods Pro hurt my ears after a while, which is why I bought the Max as well.

AirPods Max:

+Sound Stage
+Battery Life
+Superior Noise Canceling
-Needs EQ to sound acceptable (I don't like their sound quality with or without EQ I just tolerate it)

AirPods Pro:

+Better stock tuning out of the box
+Portability
+The snap on tips are great, I wish every IEM did that
-Could have better stock tips

McLenin

Well since my Sundaras just arrived to work, I guess I post a reply too.

Creative Fatal1ty (Game headset) - I still own them, but now the Epos/Sennheiser Game One took the prime for PC stuff.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro

And for listening some good BM and not wanting my wife to divorce me the Hifiman Sundara.

I cannot wait to come home from work, equalize them in JRiver and just lay flat and listen.

ElonTheMuskrat

(In order of how mush I use them): Hifiman Ananda, Yamaha Hp-1, Koss Kph30i, Meze 99 neo (great for trains and roadtrips), Senny HD560, Skullcandy crushers (preparing to do a driver swap so I have audiophile skullcandy crushers which would be funni), Samson SR850, Logetech g933 gaming headset (am preparing to do a driver swap on these as well, but there are some screws GLUED in).

All goes into a Asgard 3 and a Topping D10s (soon will upgrade to UD501).

RHO

Major Contributor
All goes into a Asgard 3 and a Topping D10s (soon will upgrade to UD501.)
I really don't know if that will be an upgrade.
Honestly ... expecting it to be an expensive downgrade. (we are talking about the TEAC UD501 right?)

moosso

Currently own:
- Sennheiser HD560S (bright, need a bit EQ to bring bass up)
- Sennheiser HD599SE (have quality bass, for movie)
- Beyerdynamic DT770 (for testing, need a lots of EQ)
- Razor Opus (for wireless, decent tone but lack resolution)
- Shure SH1540 (great tone after EQ the bass down, the most comfort one I own)
- Shure SH215 (not using)
- Moondrop Variations (really great tone and resolution, for short time or portable listening)

Sold / Returned:
- Hifiman Sandara (really natural and enjoyable sound, but I can't wear it more than 1 hour, sad to let it go)
- Focal Listen Pro (good resolution but the earpad is too small)
- Sennheiser Momentum 3 (sound is not bad but a little bulky and I don't like the voice guidance)

Want:
- Sennheiser HD650 (not sure how much different from the EQed 560S)
- DCA Stealth (dream to have one but too risky, DCA doesn't have any distributor in my country so I can't test it)

Last edited:

MalinYamato

Denon AH-D5000 (sold)
B&W P7 (stolen, but didn't like it anyway -- B&W speakers are good but makes terrible headphones)
Sennheiser Momentum 2
Denon AH-D5200 (returned)
Denon AH-D7200 (sold)
HFM Sundara
Denon AH-D9200
Modhouse Argon t60rp (I bought it one month ago and it is on its way to me)

I highlight Sundara because that is the best headphone there is for its price. I bougth IFI Zen Can HFM, which makes Sundaras sing lovely.

audiowhacked

First post. My headphone line up

Grado RS1e, Grado Hemp
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250 ohm
Audio-Technica ATH-R70X

I own a few others as well through years of impulse buying :-| but the above are my rotation.

Lpd2

First post. My headphone line up

Grado RS1e, Grado Hemp
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250 ohm
Audio-Technica ATH-R70X

I own a few others as well through years of impulse buying :-| but the above are my rotation.
Nice collection, welcome, hopefully they still make the grado hemp when I eventually get to open backs again. Just ordered the Elegia today given they are being discontinued and I felt like aiming for a softer "luxe" sound. Currently have Beyer T1.2 for albums, M40x for gaming and general use. Also a decent sounding $60 set of iems from fiio with single dynamic drivers and some implementation of beryllium, model is FD1, I think.

Skinner001

Hifiman Arya
Hifiman Sundara
Sennheiser 560S
Ether C 1.1
Fostex T20rp MKIII
Philips SHP 9500
Sennheiser 4.50 BTNC
IEMs - Moondrop Aria

Sold Focal Clears fairly recently

audiowhacked

Nice collection, welcome, hopefully they still make the grado hemp when I eventually get to open backs again. Just ordered the Elegia today given they are being discontinued and I felt like aiming for a softer "luxe" sound. Currently have Beyer T1.2 for albums, M40x for gaming and general use. Also a decent sounding $60 set of iems from fiio with single dynamic drivers and some implementation of beryllium, model is FD1, I think.
The Hemp is still on sale, and in stock, unlike some of their other Limited Editions. I believe it was introduced over a year ago. I do hope you get one when the time comes :)

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just added a Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II to the collection, for flying. My wired Sony $35 cheapies 1.) don’t get loud enough, 2.) don’t cancel noise well enough, 3.) make my ears hurt (on-ear fit, not over-ear), and 4.) chew conventional batteries.

I found the Bose on sale at an airport store the the usual current street price, and benefitted from a nod of approval from a review by Amir.

Rick “had to overcome a Bose prejudice, but they sound good on the plane” Denney

adama99

Beyerdynamic DT 1990 (Dekoni Elite Velour pads, courtesy of research by @solderdude)
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X (Dekoni Platinum Leather pads)
Anker Soundcore Life Q30 (Quite enjoyable after reducing bass via the app)

Logitech G430 (Purchased for gaming about 10 years ago; seldom used now)
Philips Fidelio X2HR (Great sound, but too tight on the head even with some adjusting)

Previously owned: Beyerdynamic DT 880 Chrome (replaced by the DT 1990)

On the way: Sennheiser HD 560S

Last edited:

Malaj

Dan Clark Audio Ether C Flow
Kennerton Magni
JVC DX 1000
Focal Elear
Sony CD 3000
Audeze Mobius
NAD HP 50 Viso
bose QC 3.5
Yamaha EPH-100 (2 pairs boths lost somewhere in the house)

kickerofelves

Focal Elegia
Beyerdynamic 177x
ChiFi claimed to be using B&W P7 drivers (whatever they use it's surprisingly very good)
Grado PS500
Senn 6xx
Senn 58x
Senn 580 Precision
Beyerdynamic DT990
OKCSC ZX-1
OKCSC M-2
a bunch of assorted under $50 Audio-Technica/Sony/Koss/etc

I think the Audeze LCD-2c may be the next purchase.

Shivers

Sennheiser 560S
AirPods Pro

I have my first ever IEM's arriving tomorrow, Moondrop Aria's, interested to see how I like them.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Back in the late 70’s I bought a pair of Stax Electrostatics. They were really expensive but I loved them when I lived in my parents home. Volume!!

Then my first farm house shared accommodation and it went to PA loud. Fire pit in the front yard, band practicing in the garage, Harley in the spare bedroom etc.

Now 40 years later I have 3 pairs of headphones.

Gift-Grado SR80e
Gift-Sennheiser HD450BT

I think the family was trying to tell me something.

Bought-Sennheiser HD6XXX

I see more in my future. I have not yet messed with EQ.

Top Bottom