• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Marutks

Verite Closed

T4-and-VC.jpg

Incursio

One is a muscle car. The other one is a tuner.

theplanarduo_1.jpg

Audeze LCD2C: "There is no substitute for planar driver size".
Fostex T60RP: "We know how to tune this smaller driver we've been making since the '70s for maximum effect."

Different sound signatures. Equally enjoyable.

Not seen in image:
Audio-Technica ATH M50, which is the only one I kept out of an older collection of full-size headphones.
Audio-Technica ATH-CKR9LTD, which are the last IEMs I will ever need to own.

vole-boy

Forum Donor
Audeze LCD2 fazor, which I love, love, love and spend long hours staring at, adoringly.
Sennheiser 58x jubilee which I respect, and have stayed friends with, but never loved
Bower & Wilkins P7, which I keep for a quick holiday fling and v shaped silliness.
Akg k702 - got bored of, and then hated and moved on from, because they were anaemic and picky.
Flirting with Beyerdynamic DT1990 - I picked up the pros from the Bay for a few hundred and waiting for them to arrive to see how we get on. Expecting fun times.

(Ps am happily married. Why do you ask?)

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Recently picked up the Drop version of Mr. Speakers Aeon Open, I have been neglecting every other headphone since, love these things. Guess I am a fan of "fun" sounding cans, lol.

Blujackaal

So far the ER2SE, ER3SE as my main two. Was wanting a 3rd headphone but might leave that for later, Just get my desktop area fixed. Since I'm struggling with ground loop noise.

ezra_s

Forum Donor
Sennheiser HD555 - mainly for movies, while plugged to the av receiver. - Long cable allows me to lay down on the couch while watching them
Siberia Elite Prism - Gaming and chatting. Quality of earcups suck but they are easily replaceable.
Grado 125e- My first and only open headphones, they sound like heaven for me, but I find them rather unconfortable after a while, so I don't use them much.

In the future I'd like to acquaire a good pair Beyerdynamic (can't recall the model, but I tried them in a store and liked the sound a lot) and my eternal wish since I tried them are a Focal Clear which are currently out of reach, price and scope for me at the moment.

Blujackaal

Grado 125e- My first and only open headphones, they sound like heaven for me, but I find them rather unconfortable after a while, so I don't use them much.

The pads the GS 1000 line up can be used on the SR125e for added comfort without going DIY.

OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
SRH1840 vs HD650

srh-1840-vs-hd-650.png

SRH1840 vs K701 (is nearly identical to K702)

srh-1840-vs-k-701.png

OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
You like 'm bass-light/lean/tight & bright. ;)

Krdo

Sennheiser HD600: my favourite, I only miss a bit of soundstage, but works with a lot of genres
AKG K701: my choice for jazz and classical, but can be piercing. Also very amp-picky.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
One is a muscle car. The other one is a tuner.

View attachment 54373

Audeze LCD2C: "There is no substitute for planar driver size".
Fostex T60RP: "We know how to tune this smaller driver we've been making since the '70s for maximum effect."

Different sound signatures. Equally enjoyable.

Not seen in image:
Audio-Technica ATH M50, which is the only one I kept out of an older collection of full-size headphones.
Audio-Technica ATH-CKR9LTD, which are the last IEMs I will ever need to own.
Have both, like both! Do find the Fostex a bit more of a background music kinda deal though.

brianjai

HD6XX: My favorite headphone of all time. Lush mids with smooth highs which hit my target about 80%

K361: The one I used the most at home because of the comfort. More shouty and have a plasticky timbre than 6XX, but can't pull the trigger on replacing it with the K371 or not.

KSC75 with portapro headband: Bassy and dark sounding, but the mids is not that recessed, which makes it one of the headphone I bring outside everyday.

Galaxy Buds: Harman tuned IEM, bassy and shouty as well as plasticky timbre on default preset when just putting it in, but it sounds more pleasant after 10 mins of listening. Chinging it to soft preset make it dark sounding, but pretty relaxing. My go-to IEM when hanging on the street.

portapro with KSC75 clip:very rarely used as the clip is not convenient to put on my ears, but sounds pretty good, and weirdly more balanced than the KSC75 with headband

ER2SE: Go-to IEM when commuting by subway to protect my ears. Neutral diffuse field sound that hit the spot. More air in upper treble and tad more mid bass to make it warmer will hit my target 100%. The fit is too inconsistent and too uncomfortable for long sessions. Idle till the release of dual flange tips

CD900ST: My most unique headphone. The flat low mids to mids, recessed upper mids and lower treble, slightly elevated upper treble. Sounds very plain and neutral but at the same time rich sounding. Not using that much because of the on-ear design, but it will stay in my collection because of the uniqueness.

Top Bottom