• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphone EQ settings are you using?

OP
threni

threni

Major Contributor
You might also have a look at the graphs I just posted here, threni, for some general ideas on how/where to make some EQ adjustments to the HD 660S...

You can also pick your own set of headphones to use as a general guide or reference for a more accurate response, rather than using the ones I've chosen for the above example with Oratory's graphing tool.
Thanks. I'm pretty happy changing EQ now I've found CamillaDSP on moOde (It's a shame the interface is geared more for dialing in numbers than quickly manipulating them by dragging a slider as it slows down experimentation) and as I mentioned I'm familiar with AutoEQ and Oratory. I'm really after other people's config. I find it interesting that although these headphones need a boost in the higher frequencies, often people actually reduce them further! (I did a little. Higher frequencies are one area I'm not sure about. It's like I want more, perhaps to compensate for my hearing and/or the headphones, and it's easy to satisfy yourself you've done a good job then hear a track where it's just too much. As someone else posted here once, it would be good to be able to stick PEQ config (the numbers or a preset name) in the FLAC tags and have moOode use them on the fly!

Last edited:
Top Bottom