• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What gear do you regret selling/getting rid of?

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
So I'm sitting here thinking of my mistakes of the past (bad idea), and I was thinking about my past audio gear. So I would like to ask my fellow members, What audio gear do you regret selling or getting rid of that you truly regret? One of those, 'If I could do it over, I never would have' things. It can be anything audio-wise. I'll start off : my PS Audio Sprout 100. Close second would my Advent 300.

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably my biggest regret was selling my APT Holman preamplifier a number of years ago. That preamp was favorably review (for a vintage component) a while ago, (here).

My one-time Apt Holman ...
AptHolman_front.jpg

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I regret selling my new in box 2002 ipod for less than I paid for it in 2010. Its worth a lot more now.....

TheAVInsider

Regret selling my Classe' CAV-150 6 channel amplifier just because I did have one of these things...

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 76

DonM

Around 1973 I built my second set of speaker cabinets with the 8” Altec 755a full range speakers. They were sold and replaced by a set of 12” Tannoy Monitor Gold’s. Those Altecs are valued in todays market around $2k. Yes they sounded great and likely led to my love of building my own speakers over the following years.

Attachments

• 99934190-D0AC-4285-B782-D47874C3F1F6.png
    99934190-D0AC-4285-B782-D47874C3F1F6.png
    604.9 KB · Views: 40

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I didn't sell it, but a meth-head stole it from me: NAD-2200. That sucker had some serious headroom.
I recently sold 3 of those to a member here on ASR who had them totally restored. No regrets selling them but I do regret selling the NAD 1300 preamp I used to drive them with. Highly regarded and super versatile. Had a really nice PS Audio 6.2 pre as well with custom phono stage but otherwise straight wire I was fond of too (from before Paul's time).

And I have no use for analog stereo premps anymore...

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've sold off a lot of my gear over the years, but strangely the one I find myself occasionally regretting is a little pair of Meadowlark Audio Swallow monitors.
No bass at all, but some of the wildest "disappearing" and imaging I've heard from a box speaker.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I regret selling my Quad Els63's. Also my Linn Sara 9's (I know), my 3 Chartwell LS35a's and lastly my Meridian 103D and preamp.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Probably my biggest regret was selling my APT Holman preamplifier a number of years ago. That preamp was favorably review (for a vintage component) a while ago, (here).

My one-time Apt Holman ...
View attachment 229996

Just buy another one if you genuinely regret selling the preamp- they turn up in the US regularly.

OP
Steven Holt

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
Regret selling my Bel Canto C5i, VPI Classic, Benz Ace SL and Donald North Audio Sonett headphone amp.

All products were sold at a time that I needed the money but I wish I could have kept them.
That was my situation with the Sprout.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not answering the question ...

Not much regret selling various POS, that I thought were the Grail in Audio...

I continue to lament not getting a Kenwood L-07D back in the late 80's .. I choose a Pink Triangle turntable, that was being offered at a slightly higher price ... because it was at the time, a TAS (The Absolute Sound) magazine favorite ... Kicking myself still. No that I care about Vinyl but ...

Peace.

Top Bottom