• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What film or documentary did you watch last? | Medium: Cinema, DVD, Blu, 3D, 4K, Netflix, ...

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
This one ...

123.jpg

Very nice picture quality, sound not par, actors too sterile, cardboard caricatures in front of gorgeous CGI sets, the rest failed to rock my boat overall...in my heart and soul. Its redemption is in its ancestry and natural elements...the ocean, the island.

If I would rate it, square & fair: ⭐⭐⭐1/2 out of five.

- Best thing going for it: Pristine picture quality in 4K. ...Some beautiful shots.
- Worst thing: That's a tougher one, between the acting, the music disconnection, the fusing of everything out of sync, no romance, no love scene, frigid.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just finished watching this beautifully done documentary on John Nash, the great genius mathematician depicted in the movie, The Beautiful Mind. Superbly done with wonderful music score:

Sadly, John and his wife were killed in a Taxi accident back in 2015. One wonders how much more advanced mathematics would be had he not succumbed to schizophrenia.

Ronm1

The Story of Maths
Netflix

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Today is Friday, October 19, 2018?

This is a true story based on a true documentary and with the true murderer still free (some of us we know who he is) and the wrongly convicted still rotting in jail after few decades. It happened on American soil and it's very popular across the globe.

I've watched season one and did extensive research and reading.
So I'm looking forward to this season two now because it's interesting to see all the players and how they operate and what motivates them.

It's one of the best stories on Netflix. This Documentary should be . . . "illuminating".

I've read enough articles and examined several videos to put myself in the shoes of who she looking for the truth, Kathleen Zellner. She's a real truth seeker.

It's funny what most people would do for money, all the corruption.
And the consequences are the lost in human values and family principles and human rights. Innocent people are sent to jail, and the real guilty ones are walking free and they'll never say anything to free the innocents from their dungeons.
This is human failure @ some of its worst.

Anyway, for people unfamiliar with this documentary I recommend watching season one, then join me with season two. It is fascinating to watch the justice system @ work in this case, in court and outside of it. Many players you can easily tell what motivates them first and foremost. It is sad, very sad. And it's important to be aware and to fight for the truth and justice. Because if we don't nothing will ever change that is worth changing.

As a passive viewer my role is to absorb.
As an active viewer my role is to talk about it in full openness.
Whichever role I choose is what defines me; films, documentaries, music, audio, human sciences, health, physics, space exploration, technologies, programmable software, data recognition, biology, social studies, justice system, ...everything in life.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/art...-the-true-crime-landscape-bloodier-than-ever/

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
The Story of Maths
Netflix

Ron, I hope you are still alive. I didn't see your presence here and @ other forums for quite a while. From all people I exchange words and comments on music and films and artists you're @ the top of most peaceful human beings.

Your sig is a testament.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Today is October 21st. I've watched few episodes this weekend of Making a Murderer Season 2. Of course it's not as good as Season 1 when we knew nothing.

I can only comment on the few episodes I've watched so far; the final tally would have to wait till the end of episode 10.

This time we go in Steven Avery's family, and we go back to some segments of Season 1 to reaffirm what we already knew. For me personally, so far, my main passionate interest is Kathleen T. Zellner; how this exceptional charismatic lady operates, and the team she works with. It's all beauty. She's a pro.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
You might not have much interest, but I tell you this: it's an education on human psychology and what drives people to do and say things they do and say.
Lies and money go well together.

Kathleen Zellner is a smooth operator, very, among the best. She dresses good, always, and looks good...uniquely charming. She's a pro.

We see real life, real people, but the saddest part is many important players are missing. There is no surprise in that as they have things to hide, lies that they don't want to be exposed, ...It's all normal human nature and it is sad. The search for the truth is a noble cause, a human value that helps humanity in positive advancement.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
One of my greatest passions on this planet of ours, Earth, is . . . Communication.
Communication with people, family, friends, wildlife, nature, everything, everyone.
Above everything else I'm a truth seeker, a deep thirst for justice, equality, respect, among all people and living things. There is no surprise that entertainment is @ its most efficient potency when there is no injustice around.

This documentary teaches us about the great psychologic human divide.
Awareness is the very first step towards greatness expansion.
The great human tragedy resides in inequality, obsessive and uncontrollable behavior beyond our wildest imagination. Everything little thing is important, like children playing in the garden of Eden.

No matter what others say or might say, we find solace in the things we believe in with the people who aspire to those same things.
_____

Extra: https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/audiosciencereview.com

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I've got few more episodes of Making a Murderer Season 2 under my belt.
Many many many months ago, years, when I explored Kathleen Zellner's history, I was a fan. Today, more than ever. Some people they grow on you, because they fight for the same values that all your life you fought for. She is one of them. She is a smart fighter, a fighter for what's right, true, justice. She takes no prisoners, she free them because they are innocent.

You guys are audio scientists in a forum for audio s scientists; I know that, I am part of it. And we all like (almost) good scientific forensic documentaries based on real life right where we live...planet Earth. That documentary is an education in the system of laws in America, in different States, and a scientific fact explorations of human matters.

I cannot do anything in regards to activate people's interest. It's a personal thing; you pull the trigger, or you don't. And if you do pull the trigger it is your own adventure.
Well, let me tell you my own adventure so far in just very few words: It makes life worth living and fighting for. Kathleen T. Zellner gives me that immense gift, for free, for freedom.

Bonus:
https://www.bustle.com/p/kathleen-z...mitted-to-steven-averys-appeals-case-12793824

fe4fe695-0748-4fbc-b7c0-62d885e7528f-making_a_murderer_s02e02_56m49s102190f.jpg

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Ten episodes total is roughly ten hours, plus the multitude of extra hours I put into extra research. So when I'm all done I might give an extensive anslysis/essay/review on it...fasten your seatbelts, you aren't out of the woods ...

When you are passionate about something go full steam ahead, don't ever give up, don't let anyone interrupt your passion; dance, dance or we are lost.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I've only one episode to go now.
This documentary inspires you to study the laws and the court systems all across the boundaries.
It is quite educative and human too, human psychology and emotions.

@ first I wasn't too enthusiastic in watching it. @ one point I wasn't even interested @ all, zero. Because I knew the outcome, from following this case since 2015, and the reviews reaffirmed the looking back into Season One.

But I'm glad I followed my instinct and went for it. Beats any Marvel superhero comic flicks, easily. Sure, the picture and sound quality is not like Black Panther on 4K disc, but neither the brain quality.

Tonight I will be finishing it. But I know already that it's not over till we find out what exactly happened to Teresa Hallbach. ...And who. Was science evidence manipulated and planted? That, is the $36 million mark question. To which extent man is willing to go in order to twist/hide the truth?

If you confess to a lie, depending on the consequence of that lie, the judgement can be devastating, or not. In the public theater your reputation can decrease or increase. In the personal conscientious level, that is the difference between people of honor and dishonor. The enemy of justice is not the people around us, it's the people within us.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
There are few (a bunch) nutcases who appear back in Making a Murderer Season 2.
Here's only one of them:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...an-Dassey-faces-five-years-jail-stalking.html

It amazes me that people like them even exist. Maybe that's one of the reasons why people love their soap operas and reality TV shows?

Lol, that guy is truly something else.

Kathleen Zellner said @ one point: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.
I like that when she said it; coming from her it has more impact. :)

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Watched this a couple of nights ago.

Atmospheric, mesmerising, unsettling, indulgent.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
You got me invited; French avant-garde cinema.
I feel miserable with my little documentary about a bunch of corrupted people who work for the best interests of people thirsty in correctional justice without any morals and without any decency and without any real evidence but only planted ones. Brief, an entire fiasco setup in real life, by a bunch of clowns and bozos...prosecution team.

I'll check if it pays on Netflix. If not, on YouTube, Amazon, eBay.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Kathleen Zellner is well known for never giving up on her clients that are innocent..
In one of the later episodes of Season 2 she said it again right straight true the camera eyes...us the viewers. I cannot emphasize enough what that means.
It means that MaM Season 3 is in the cards, 100%

I spent quite some time outside the documentary researching more about the case.
The reviewers who write for papers etc., and who say (many of them) that Season 2 is mediocre and doesn't compare to Season 1 are completely wrong.
Season 2 is the excellent continuity of Season 1 with this time a real professional star...Kathleen Zellner.
She doesn't take cases to lose, never. It took her quite some time before she replied to several letters from Steven Avery, years. And when she finally replied to one of them, she apologised for not replying earlier. She is a busy woman, very.
But from that moment on life changed, and it won't be over till the real murderer is found, and later on all the bad actors punished legally.

Kathleen Zellner, dear fellow ASR members, is the real deal. She will unearth the truth no matter what it takes including time. She hires the top very best scientific experts from all life's venues. In Season 2 we meet several of them, and they are good, I mean real good.
Everything is so smooth it's like swimming in butterscotch caramel warmed in the microwave oven, that smooth. And then she spreads it over Italian vanilla ice cream, with fresh strawberries on the walls.

A short glimpse:
☕ https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/making-a-murderer-questions-645479

I realise that the audience here @ ASR who are interested by this documentary and this case might be, zero. It's all fine because one day someone might check it out...Making a Murderer Season 2, and then learn more about this extraordinary case of gross injustice and rotten corruption to its central human core. It is a reflection, a true reflection into the decadent world we all live in around us but is mainly invisible.
Kathleen Zellner works in ways that she can see behind the invisible walls of people's lies and corruption and gross inappropriate actions of a totally corrupted system.

More to come ...

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Today is October 25, I finished episode 10 about an hour ago.
The full ten episodes I took my time...one week exactly.
Of course I also did additional research online.

It is a fact that two individuals are in jail for a crime that they did NOT commit. ...100%
Their cases went to the highest court of USA.
They were both denied.

The problem is not if they are innocent, because we all know they are.
The problem is the highest judges in the continent, they don't know, yet.
You have to see to realise the battle Kathleen Zellner was up against.

But, she is not done, even after the highest court's decision.
She is a hardcore fighter for true justice, and she will get it.
This case is not over till it's over.

It's people like her that makes life worth fighting for, for justice, for freedom, for human equality across the hardship. This documentary is invigorating, inspiring, human. ...With all the very worst and the very best.

Overall rating: 100 (anything less is meaningless)

Too many films and documentaries not enough time.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Today is October 25, I finished episode 10 about an hour ago.
The full ten episodes I took my time...one week exactly.
Of course I also did additional research online.

It is a fact that two individuals are in jail for a crime that they did NOT commit. ...100%
Their cases went to the highest court of USA.
They were both denied.

The problem is not if they are innocent, because we all know they are.
The problem is the highest judges in the continent, they don't know, yet.
You have to see to realise the battle Kathleen Zellner was up against.

But, she is not done, even after the highest court's decision.
She is a hardcore fighter for true justice, and she will get it.
This case is not over till it's over.

It's people like her that makes life worth fighting for, for justice, for freedom, for human equality across the hardship. This documentary is invigorating, inspiring, human. ...With all the very worst and the very best.

Overall rating: 100 (anything less is meaningless)

Too many films and documentaries not enough time.

Very positive review ;)

Seriously though, I've been meaning to watch this...

Top Bottom