• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What electronic audio products you want tested most

What electronics audio product you like to see tested more

• Power and Integrated Amplifiers

Votes: 633 55.2%
  • Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 181 15.8%
  • Home Theater AVRs

Votes: 307 26.8%
  • Home Theater Processors

Votes: 199 17.3%
  • DACs

Votes: 349 30.4%
  • Streamers

Votes: 262 22.8%
  • Combo DAC and Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 236 20.6%
  • Phono preamp

Votes: 106 9.2%
  • DSP (digital signal processors)

Votes: 379 33.0%
  • Vintage audio products

Votes: 269 23.5%

• Total voters

andymok

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Would love to see some HDMI de-embed, wonder how they perform as quick solution

rhollan

Home theater processors. So many are disappointing in their specs. I am particularly interested in pass through SINAD for stereo and 7.1 analog sources.

krejac

Hello everyone, this is my first post :).
Someone already mentioned the ADC. I would like to connect my MF SACD to miniDSP Studio. The price of a suitable ADC probably exceeds the price of my kit? Maybe it is worth doing an ADC test instead of another DAC? :facepalm:

l_lama

I'm really missing budget streaming preamps reviews that were released to market recent years like Heos Link HS2, Canton SmartConnect 5.1, Yamaha WXC-50/ WXDA-10. Sometimes there are no measurements at all (say Canton) and I think value streamers may have audible flaws and proper measurements may help to choose less bad unit.

Willem

Major Contributor
The Yamaha PX series pro audio amplifiers. I suppose for home use the 2x300 watt rms at 8 Ohm PX3 will do, but any model from the range will give a good idea of the quality. These are the class D successors to the now discontinued Pxx00s pro audio amps that measured very well and were absolutely fine for domestic audio.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Somewhere in these forums I recall reading that an S.M.S.L SA 300 was in que to be reviewed. Will that ever happen?

Gregss

Hello,

Cambridge 851N Streamer - would love to see this unit tested. While it sounds very good and likely will test well, would still love to see the results. Afraid I am not close enough to loan this unit for testing however.

Regards,
Greg

Top Bottom