• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

What electronic audio products you want tested most

What electronics audio product you like to see tested more

• Power and Integrated Amplifiers

Votes: 318 59.7%
  • Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 88 16.5%
  • Home Theater AVRs

Votes: 161 30.2%
  • Home Theater Processors

Votes: 104 19.5%
  • DACs

Votes: 159 29.8%
  • Streamers

Votes: 123 23.1%
  • Combo DAC and Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 117 22.0%
  • Phono preamp

Votes: 47 8.8%
  • DSP (digital signal processors)

Votes: 180 33.8%
  • Vintage audio products

Votes: 120 22.5%

• Total voters
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thread Starter #281

MSTARK

A friend has one locally but with so much to do, I don't feel like pestering him for it.
No problem. I just though it would be interesting to give Lampizator a closer look. I’ve heard a lot of hype from people I trust but never heard one in person. Lapizator implements old and forgotten tube designs with today’s technologies as far as DACs are concern. I’ve exchange emails with owner long time ago before his brand became a household brand. He was much more approachable then. And I almost pulled a trigger on his original (I think) tube dac but felt that it was overpriced. Today, almost everything on his website seems to be aimed at selected crowd with money to burn. I don’t mind paying premium for something “different” and original but I feel that it might be a bit overhyped.

I'd like to see a re-test of the Bluesound Node 2i. It would seem the original unit tested was potentially faulty, considering a test conducted by a German hi-fi magazine allegedly measured a SINAD of 108dB and Bluesound's claimed spec is 110dB.

Helicopter

Forum Donor
Focal Chora 826 and some Chinese tube amps. 300b SET, maybe el34 or 2a3 SET , KT88 push-pull from popular brands. cheap like Oldchen, Reisong, mid price like Muzishare, Willsenton, or higher like Cayin or Line Magnetic. I'd be curious about MC275 as well.

anon2k2

Forum Donor
i'd like to have the ifi hip dac to be tested.
I have one and I could send it in for testing. One of the things to note is that for some reason the battery it uses drains very rapidly while it is turned off. If I put it away with a full charge, there's basically no charge within a couple of days. Asking around on other internet forum, that seems to be a common experience.

While the DAC, amplifier and speaker tests are paramount, as they are ubiquitous in today's playback systems, digital streamers and servers are also.

I would hate to see diminished tests with DACs, amplifiers and speakers, and I would absolutely love to see testing with servers and streamers. Servers especially.

Amirm, your passion, time and energy to do what you do is most appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

I have one and I could send it in for testing. One of the things to note is that for some reason the battery it uses drains very rapidly while it is turned off. If I put it away with a full charge, there's basically no charge within a couple of days. Asking around on other internet forum, that seems to be a common experience.
then i shall put off my plans of buying it. Thanks for your review

Other than the iFi Hip Dac another new portable DAC/Amp I'd like to see measurements of is the Fiio Q3 - $149, THX, specs seem to be in the same general ballpark as the Topping NX4/iFi Hip Dac. Includes both 2.5 and 4.4mm outputs which is neat at this price point.

Would like to see some reviews on power amps around $1,000 (preferably a little under rather than over). But ones that can handle low impedance really well (down to 4 ohms, 2 ohms a nice bonus). Something around 100wpc @ 8ohm, 200W @4ohm. Thanks in advance!

GMG

Are there any reviews/measurements for the new ifi ipower X
Wondering if the issue/claim of leakage back to the mains on the original ipower was resolved.
ifi claim x20 better performance on leakage compared to "standard smps"

Many Thanks

Top Bottom