• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What does your dog eat

What does your car eat

• Frogs

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Water

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Hydrogen

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Dogma

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Frozen Hysteria

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Speaker cables

Votes: 9 19.1%
    Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Determinism

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Free will

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Oil

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
You people are funny, trapped in material world with no any intention to even try to overcome it but categorically determined that it's so. If there is no free will then there is no God, no progress scientific or any other and you live in pre determined reality while not being more than a thing. Even Burh wouldn't go with that. We do live in Aristotleian world but he didn't imply that nor wonted you become sofists. His own teaching of spheres is very advanced and greatly misunderstood and marginalised. If you don't have will to learn, open your perspectives and overcome your own doxa then there is little hope for you but it's still your own free choice. Luckily there are people who do. It's not about freedom of choice but how you use it to get to see greater picture and still not to find final answers. And when you do I am sure you will use it wiser.

Last edited:

pads

You people are funny, trapped in material world with no any intention to even try to overcome it but categorically determined that it's so. If there is no free will then there is no God, no progress scientific or any other and you live in pre determined reality while not being more than a thing. Even Burh wouldn't go with that. We do live in Aristotleian world but he didn't imply that nor wonted you become sofists. His own teaching of spheres is very advanced and greatly misunderstood and marginalised. If you don't have will to learn, open your perspectives and overcome your own doxa then there is little hope for you but it's still your own free choice. Luckily there are people who do. It's not about freedom of choice but how you use it to get to see greater picture and still not to find final answers. And when you do I am sure you will use it wiser.

I think this one just drove me into an existential crisis.....

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I believe we have the illusion of free will ;)
My dog, lovely boy, he ate Nutro. In puppyhood a rep said "Hey read the ingredients! Less fillers = less poop, and you don't have to feed as much so it is not really more expensive." I believe only in positive karma. I do NOT believe evil is always punished, that is a fable the trodden-upon want to believe. I do believe if you do good things and help others and are nice it generally does better your path through life. My Golden has a lot of positive karma.

Yasuo

Roses, when he was a pup, but not really eating the flower, more like chewing it for a bit. Guess it was the smell.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What does your dog eat
On even days, people who can't hear the difference between different cables and amplifiers. On odd days, deluded people who think they hear dramatic differences between different cables and amplifiers.

OP
S

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My dog likes to eat elm tree leaves. Seriously. Can you add that to the poll as an option? :D

Unfortunately I ran out of editing options for this poll some time ago. It was my first attempt at a poll and required several revisions (my second attempt of course being a more serious attempt, having to do with UFOs: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...aps-other-intelligent-life-in-universe.23953/).

However, in light of your earnest inquiry, I provide here an article from the American Kennel Club as to why it may be that your dog eats leaves in general, if not elm leaves in particular. Apparently it is a known behavior among wild dogs and had evolutionary adaptive advantages in terms of wild dogs filling in gaps in their diets. Your dog may have inherited this behavior because evolution, genetics, etc. The article also gives some tips on how to redirect your dog away from eating leaves, if that is of interest to you. It may be that dogs who eat leaves typically do not win dog shows, and therefore the topic of how to get your dog not to do this is of some concern to the American Kennel Club. Or perhaps it is just bad form by the high standards to which show-dogs are held. Anyway, here then are the findings, views and guidance of the estimable American Kennel Club on this particular subject:

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/advice/why-does-my-dog-eat-leaves/

I hope this satisfactorily responds to your request in lieu of my inability to edit the poll. :)

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unfortunately I ran out of editing options for this poll some time ago. It was my first attempt at a poll and required several revisions (my second attempt of course being a more serious attempt, having to do with UFOs: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...aps-other-intelligent-life-in-universe.23953/).

However, in light of your earnest inquiry, I provide here an article from the American Kennel Club as to why it may be that your dog eats leaves in general, if not elm leaves in particular. Apparently it is a known behavior among wild dogs and had evolutionary adaptive advantages in terms of wild dogs filling in gaps in their diets. Your dog may have inherited this behavior because evolution, genetics, etc. The article also gives some tips on how to redirect your dog away from eating leaves, if that is of interest to you. It may be that dogs who eat leaves typically do not win dog shows, and therefore the topic of how to get your dog not to do this is of some concern to the American Kennel Club. Or perhaps it is just bad form by the high standards to which show-dogs are held. Anyway, here then are the findings, views and guidance of the estimable American Kennel Club on this particular subject:

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/advice/why-does-my-dog-eat-leaves/

I hope this satisfactorily responds to your request in lieu of my inability to edit the poll. :)

I was just joking about changing the poll.

And thanks. Not worried about her eating elm leaves. And it's fresh, green elm leaves that she likes, not other tree leaves. She doesn't eat tons of them. Just when she sees a sapling, she'll grab a few leaves.

OP
S

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I was just joking about changing the poll.

And thanks. Not worried about her eating elm leaves. And it's fresh, green elm leaves that she likes, not other tree leaves. She doesn't eat tons of them. Just when she sees a sapling, she'll grab a few leaves.

It may be that we should explore why your dog is eating elm leaves in particular. You may have a very serious, brooding dog, who focuses on the problem of evil, the seeming meaningless of existence, and our apparent shared and banal fate, but with perhaps profoundly far-reaching insights into the mystic and the afterlife, for:

The tale of the elm (Ulmus spp.) is tinged with melancholy and, deeper in history, something sinister. A brooding, watchful tree associated with death, the elm tree has a rich and varied cultural past. Many Anglo Saxon place names derive from the elm tree, tracing its antiquity at least to the Bronze and Iron Ages. Elm’s roots run deeply through folklore, an associate of the Otherworld, symbol of both creation and death. Embla, the first human woman in Norse mythology, was created by Odin and his brothers, Vili and Ve, whose incantations roused a fallen elm tree into life.

In Celtic mythology, the elm tree is associated with the Underworld, and with elves and faeries, who dwell in their stretching boughs. Elms were said to grow close to passageways that lead out of our Earthly realm, and into Faerie or the Underworld. ‘Elm hateth man, and waiteth,’ a chilling old saying goes, referring to the trees’ deadly habit of dropping boughs without warning. Superstitions of felling or damaging elm grew from this, and misfortune was believed to befall those who cut them down.
See https://www.cambrianwildwood.org/species/elm/ .

threni

Major Contributor

JSmith

Master Contributor
funny-animals-dogs-eating-dinner.gif

JSmith

Top Bottom