• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What do you want to see from Topping..?

MCH

Major Contributor
Been following the WiiM mini streamer posts. The company are active on the threads, listening and talking. At the same time, they have a clear support forum and a published roadmap. They are making friends.
Some other suppliers work like that too (BoXem) - open and available.

That's what I'd like from Topping
Well there is one important difference though. Boxem releases products completely finished and without bugs and then is here to answer questions and listen to the community (and tease) towards next products.
Wiim releases an unfinished product and relies on the community to find and solve the bugs. A process that takes months. Maybe fun for enthusiasts here, i guess not fun for many customers that don't know ASR.
Give me more boxems and less wiims. More presence here is of course positive, but I hope topping does not take the second approach.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
I dont think anyone can complain about the speed and product releases and the quality of said items... some of us do question what niche all these products serve.

At the same time do these Chinese companies truly care what happens outside of mainland china? I'm guessing these products are designed to service the local population and anything that sells outside of China is gravy???

I am reticient to care too much about local distributorships because you will often see a product that is say $500 usd in China and its suddenly $1,500 usd once it gets to the EU...

Sokel

Master Contributor
Bulletproof design/durability/PS included in devices and not silly bricks/bigger form factor to allow ease of interaction with the cables in the back/no oled displays that burn after a year.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Bulletproof design/durability/PS included in devices and not silly bricks/bigger form factor to allow ease of interaction with the cables in the back/no oled displays that burn after a year.

Bulletproof design. That sounds like a mythbusters thing.

I reckon Krell, Pass, Some Mark Levinson, some vintage Perreaux, even a few TOTL Sony could take a bullet. Obviously, front panel and not on the power switch and none of that crazy depleted uranium chit you Americans seem to keep at the ready.

Seriously, just stuff you can do this with:

1663504634937.png

Actually a Perreaux amplifer being thrown off the factory roof to prove how tough they were. Just doesn't seem right does it? Check out the shadows and the power cord- something dodgy if you ask me.

MCH

Major Contributor
6 channel USB DAC with or without DSP

Sokel

Master Contributor
Bulletproof design. That sounds like a mythbusters thing.

I reckon Krell, Pass, Some Mark Levinson, some vintage Perreaux, even a few TOTL Sony could take a bullet. Obviously, front panel and not on the power switch and none of that crazy depleted uranium chit you Americans seem to keep at the ready.

Seriously, just stuff you can do this with:

View attachment 231729

Actually a Perreaux amplifer being thrown off the factory roof to prove how tough they were. Just doesn't seem right does it? Check out the shadows and the power cord- something dodgy if you ask me.
I think my previous Audio Analogue donizetti anniversarry could easily take a bullet and keep working :)
With the Ice's I'm not so sure,maybe I can make a special case for them :facepalm:
(am not American,it's obvious with my bad english!)

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
I think when people say "bulletproof" design in regards to Topping they mean more like resilient electronics design... we all live far from China (mostly) and we would rather a bit more reliability... we have already heard people needing to rma items with faulty volume and dead channels and the like... I think no one is expecting them to build 100lb power amps with slab steel sides and carry handles.

You would like to think they have done hot and cold weather and moisture testing and you dont want to pay the "early adopter tax" like some have here.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
I think the market is there for a 75w 8 ohm at realistic thd w/ good dacs and wifi and good streaming.

However for me I would rather not put dacs and wifi into an integrated where they may be outdated in due course.

A pure analog Class-D suits my needs more but with the above 75w plus but I do get how the market is there for at least bluetooth onboard.

Harryharryharry

Forgot to add benchmark ah2b killer / LA90 with plenty of power. I'd love to have dac and amp transparent

audiobirdi

Would love to see a Topping LA90, with a smaller volume dial and 2 XLR inputs, would significantly reduce cost but keep the amazingly flat response, great if you only need to drive one pair of speakers :)

Hoping the PA7 is essentially this, but we shall see!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Given that the guys are pretty active on the forum, seems as good a place as any to suggest future projects that we'd like to see as potential customers...

Surround Processor !!!

Holmz

Major Contributor
Given that the guys are pretty active on the forum, seems as good a place as any to suggest future projects that we'd like to see as potential customers...

I mentioned a customer service department earlier, but in an either/or sense… a QA department and/or Engineer Test department could largely obviate the need for customer service.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I reckon Krell, Pass, Some Mark Levinson, some vintage Perreaux, even a few TOTL Sony could take a bullet.
Not from my S&W 460 X-Framed Magnum.
I guarantee. LOL ;)
163465-sw-OnWhite-Right_0__07397.1670603677.1280.1280.png

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
yep, all 330+ million Americans are mandated to have some in their closet "at the ready", and can get a hold of whatever quantity they want at any time, no questions asked :facepalm:

Quote below is from this: https://www.world-nuclear.org/focus/australia/australia.aspx

Uranium ores as such were mined and treated in Australia initially from the 1950s until 1971. Radium Hill, SA, Rum Jungle, NT, and Mary Kathleen, Queensland, were the largest producers of uranium (as yellowcake). Production ceased either when ore reserves were exhausted or contracts were filled. Sales were to supply material primarily intended for USA and UK weapons programs at that time.

Roh-Roh ....

:facepalm:

It's you guys with all the DU, not us. LOL.

1675570548951.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom