• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What do you want to see from Topping..?

jae

Major Contributor
Still waiting for a TOTL all-in-one with all the relevant inputs/outputs, in a bigger/double height chassis if need be. Wouldn't mind if it had an option to add your own RPI to use volumio/moode etc (or maybe they could even make their own in-house solution streaming OS).

Shazb0t

Addicted to Fun and Learning
An HDMI 2.1 AV surround processor that includes PEQ, balanced connections, actually performs well, and most importantly is cheaper than buying a Denon reciever. Someone needs to make a good processor option that is cheaper because it doesn't include an internal amplifier.

JaccoW

Here's a fun one; SACD support.

Though that's likely never going to happen with the way Sony has locked it down.

DWPress

Forum Donor
A DAC with 8 (or more) balanced outputs and a volume knob with digital display (OLED best) and remote.

With Okto struggling to fill orders for a couple years now it seems there is a demand indeed.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
I don't need anything from topping, what i need is someone to convince audiophonics to sell the minidsp flex at a reasonable price :D:p

and stop selling umik1's separately (i mean, almost everything on minidsp's site comes with it in the box) :facepalm:

Scottwhit

An updated Topping remote that includes individual buttons for each digital input. So we don‘t have to scroll through all the inputs, making switching inputs faster and easier.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Power amp with (at least) 150@8, 300@4, & 600@2 (all RMW @ <0.01% THD)- unconditionally stable into any load, quiet, good SINAD

Could be Monoblock, 3 channel would be nice - a multichannel version 8 channel? - could be lower power (70 to 100 W rms @ 8ohm?) but cosmetically matched to the 3 channel... combined setup allowing for 11 channels

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
AV processor + DSP
Yes, MULTICHANNEL DECODING with noise and distortion performance upping the state of the art. I mean really Benchmark amps and 120 dB DACs are cute, but useless to anyone running surround.
- What would be interesting also could be something that decodes only, digital out into their DACs. With a twist-some kind of communication connection that would synchronize all the volumes to be consistent.
- Thus you could have surround and/or multiway active speakers.

enioentity

power amp 200+ on 4 ohms, 150 8 ohms, something similar, stereo(something matching hypex ncore specs with good cooling). maybe with sub out or two, volume knob..

Sengin

Having had a bit more time to get the lay of the land, I am really hoping for a combo amp: headphone + speaker with a physical switch toggle. Basically, the A90 but instead of XLR out it has binding posts for speakers (like the PA5). Bonus points: if you throw a DAC in there too, you could add 2 EQ profiles that auto-switch when the output toggle is flipped.

I'm surprised I don't see too many combos like that - you'd figure most people at a desk at home (which is a lot more of us these days) have both speakers and headphones and need to switch between them. And if they prefer one (say headphones), then the other (say speakers) will likely be on the cheaper end and could probably benefit more from EQ.

Harryharryharry

I would love a pa5 with more power (and bridgeable to use as mono blocks).

Also a something with the features and cost of an smsl su-6 but balanced. There doesn't seem to be a balanced DAC around that price point/feature set yet.

The main usability features missing from these very high performing but low feature amps like pa5/hypex is auto on/off / or trigger in/out. I can live without auto sensing input although that would be delightful.

No complaints whatsoever on the pa5 though, it's pure performance and such a low cost. I bought one for a friend and going to have to swap my hypex nc252 for one now.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Service manuals, schematics and parts availability. The brand is just a plaything of ASR and is destined to remain little more than an obscurity until they take their obligations seriously in that regard.

And slow down, refine the gear and release just a few thoroughly tested and bug-free products every year. HiFi is NOT fast fashion. It has never has been.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Service manuals, schematics and parts availability. The brand is just a plaything of ASR and is destined to remain little more than an obscurity until they take their obligations seriously in that regard.

And slow down, refine the gear and release just a few thoroughly tested and bug-free products every year. HiFi is NOT fast fashion. It has never has been.
Sigh,

How many brands really take service manuals, schematics and parts seriously? and how many bother to make them available to "users"?

The current Onkyo AVR's have been out for 18 months now, and I have seen no sign of service manuals / schematics for this generation. (just one example... that I know of because as I have one, I have been seeking those docs!) - previous generations had full sets of manuals published. (how soon after release they became public, I don't know)

Peluvius

Forum Donor
A great multichannel preamp with balanced outputs. Potential for Dirac room EQ.

JeremyFife

Been following the WiiM mini streamer posts. The company are active on the threads, listening and talking. At the same time, they have a clear support forum and a published roadmap. They are making friends.
Some other suppliers work like that too (BoXem) - open and available.

That's what I'd like from Topping

Top Bottom