• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What do you want to see from Topping..?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A pure amp. No volume just line in.

RHO

Major Contributor

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A DX9 Pro combining D90/A90 level performance in the same box. An analog input and preamp functionality would be a welcome addition.

Martin

Marc v E

Major Contributor
Something that shakes the audiophile world to its core.

Like the latest power amp in a small box did. Something small, powerful and for reasonable money.

Last edited:

Leiker535

A "p30" phono stage on the price of the L30/E30. Low noise floor and state of the art measuring. General chinese market is flooded with subpar options and (very) poor tube designs. Something to rival the DJ-Art 2 pre and the Schiit Mani for the perfomance of a Cambridge Audio Duo would be stellar.

Martyreasoner

A "p30" phono stage on the price of the L30/E30. Low noise floor and state of the art measuring. General chinese market is flooded with subpar options and (very) poor tube designs. Something to rival the DJ-Art 2 pre and the Schiit Mani for the perfomance of a Cambridge Audio Duo would be stellar.
P10 with digital out

Bleib

Major Contributor
PA5 unbalanced, remote, digital volume control. Possibly the remote could also control other devices?

Would obviously be interesting if the company can make loudspeakers too.

BoredErica

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Dac with multiple balanced outs for mains + sub for people who use dsp. Think Motu M4/Ultralite Mk5 competitor. Doesn't need 50000 channels though.
ADC.
Pa7 with a remote. Or maybe a function to limit max output to prevent blowing my ears if terrible accident happened. And make the pa7 larger than it has to be. We are talking a higher end product here so it'd be nice to have more substantial heatsinking than is strictly needed. Clipping indicator.

I'd love to go 100% Topping if their products have all the features I need.

Last edited:

AudioKC

E50 with 10xPEQ please.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
On the technical side, they have proven that they can build SOTA devices at competitive price points. I'd like to see a product range that does not only care about performance, but also looks. I want a beautiful pre with built in DSP and huge VU-meters.

Also, an angle that I wonder why almost nobody does this in audio: Modular chassis. It would be nice to have something long lasting that could be upgraded my simply switching modules in the back. This could also allow to build a multi-channel system by starting with stereo and then just adding DAC modules as you need them.

Pattern

I would like to see a MiniDSP 2x4 clone with D10-equivalent DAC performance and equally good ADC stage. Ideally retaining dirac support but it would still be an incredible value without it.

Pattern

I know this sounds a bit silly but I'd love to see a CD transport that has a USB and bluetooth output- no built-in DAC, with front panel controls and a remote.
I would absolutely buy this actually.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would love to see a DSP (just DSP) device with the form factor (and price) of the Topping D10, with digital in and out (USB) and the right buttons (up and down arrows) of topping D90 to change between different presets. Ideally I would like to load the presets connecting it to the computer and putting them on a dedicated folder as plain .txt files. If this thing ever exists I would buy one for every device I have xD

Yes! A 2.1 processor with PEQ, crossover control, a line/level sub out, but with line-level input and output so that it could live between a DAC ands amp, or in the processor loop if a traditional preamp. I don’t need a volume control or enough preampfification to drive a low-gain amp.

Balanced outputs if you must, but please also single-ended ins and outs.

Rick “miniDSP needs some competition” Denney

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hopefully topping can read the room... now that the DAC, and headphone amp is solved... DSP. Manual EQ is fine, or bonus points to be able to import from REW.

8bits

A SOTA DAC with balanced/unbalanced analog inputs with DSP, basically a better (and cheaper) MiniDSP SHD

Top Bottom