• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What do you want to see from Topping..?

b7676

Realized today collecting cables and considering dash surgery to get the e30 going in the car, accepting amir's challenge for the worst 5v source possible...
That the company should explore double din units,
maybe even becoming an OEM partner supplier targetting blose automotive customers.

This is probably the opportunity for the highest volume sales channel. The car is simply the most popular dedicated audio environment for the majority. This is the way to brand recognition.

Then there is the powered monitor market which seems wide and shallow but more modern than passive. Who cares about home theater at topping prices.

Dual mono AKM all in one under 599$ is endgame.

Gamerdac dac/amp/adc
dac/amp as a 2.5 inch bay motherboard accessory
Dac/amp into AIO into a Lian Li HTPC or built onto one of these brick computers
I wonder if Computer Monitor companies would license a built in.

The console industry has a problems implementing the gamepad/controller as a dac/amp.

Sengin

The EX5 - but with satisfying physical switches for on/off, headphones/preout output selection, and gain settings (like the A90). A heavy volume knob that sticks out from the device a bit more than the A90.

Bonus touches: a thin dim LED ring around the knob that indicates on/off rather than a small bright point of light. I don't need my DAC have an LED screen that says the exactly same thing 24/7, so if it must have an LED screen then the option to keep it off (so the only light comes from the volume knob). Of course the LED ring should have its color be customizable (even if it's only the standard red/green/blue/yellow/white/purple/orange).

Basically, they've already got the performance. I'd like to see a step up in the design and feel.

JaccoW

The EX5 - but with satisfying physical switches for on/off, headphones/preout output selection, and gain settings (like the A90). A heavy volume knob that sticks out from the device a bit more than the A90.
I used to have a Rega amp and the large volume knob was very satisfying, even more to see it spin when adjusting the volume with a remote!
While I know those sort of things are probably the first thing to fail over time but it was a very cool feature of an otherwise fairly 'purist' amp.

For me I want something that has a few more analog in- and out connections. With a Topping E50 hooked up to a speaker that only accepts RCA I will have to look into something else to connect my reel to reel tapedeck, which has RCA in and out, as well.

Maybe an Analog to Digital Converter?

I really like the large orange screen of the E50. Maybe something along those lines for a possible E90 in the future?

Reed

DSP, especially PEQ looks to be the main ask here and it’s mine as well. I just ordered a Qudelix 5K as a temporary solution. If a Topping DAC with PEQ were available I wouldn’t have purchased it. PEQ is a great way to speed up the replacement cycle for DACs.

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I'm not gonna ask for much. I would like to see a bit depth digits along side the frequency digits. Sometimes when I restart my computer, windows like to default on 32bit 44.1khz instead of 16bit 44.1khz.

Display.png

RHO

Major Contributor
PA7 or PA9 with XLR, not TRS.
What's wrong with TRS? It's less bulky than XLR and connectors are (on average) cheaper.

RHO

Major Contributor
I love the click sound of the firmly XLR. Just me, maybe.
Yes, XLR feels very sturdy and reliable. But for home use I don't think there is anything wrong with TRS.

Uribo

Yes, XLR feels very sturdy and reliable. But for home use I don't think there is anything wrong with TRS.
Yes, I think so too. Anyhow, my CDP, cassette player, DAC, sound interface, subwoofer., etc all have XLR, but not TRS. So I still prefer XLR. :rolleyes:

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Too narrow a use case, but I would like a 2x8 dsp with multiple optical SPDIF in and a post output high quality remote controlled analogue volume control.

anibal66

Forum Donor
I know this sounds a bit silly but I'd love to see a CD transport that has a USB and bluetooth output- no built-in DAC, with front panel controls and a remote.
A wider concept, I would like a small size modular CD transport designed and documented for very long term durability and future non-expert DIY maintenance.

The "modular" build should facilitate the substitution of no longer available parts and also the DIY addition of non-essential features, such as an internal dac or new output modules, or a fancier case

I will open a new thread to ask if there is already a product like this, and avoid going off- topic in this thread

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Dac's - switchable PLL for spdif
Headphone amps - I got nothing
Speaker amps - mor powa baby
Why are you not happy with their current HP amps?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How about 7+ or 16 channel power amp based on the PA5? That might be marketed without much of any R&D expense.
What is wrong with a strap around a bunch of them? :D

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I know this sounds a bit silly but I'd love to see a CD transport that has a USB and bluetooth output- no built-in DAC, with front panel controls and a remote.
You are spot on: it is silly! :D

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
Just a little more compatibility testing of drivers. I really wanted to keep that D30pro. Between the driver and the dropouts, just could not do it.

I have a little SMSL SAD-01. Tripath 10W, USB DAC, phones and a RCA input. Served me well, but it would be nifty is Topping had something to replace it. A "rational" desktop all in one for the masses but with 100 times less distortion, 80 Hz two way crossover and sub out. If just a tiny bit bigger box, it could have pre-out. Some may want a stack on their desk, I want as small a footprint as I can. I bet they could pull it off for under $300. Oh yea, the crossover need only be 2nd order to the mains as most sub plates have a 2nd order LP built in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom