• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What do you think about this speaker?

Ciobi69

I knew a little shop that does this monster of speaker, what are your consideration about it? On the site you can find the explanation of the projects , but this one is what I was looking ,it seems definitive

behappybevegan

Interesting speaker and design philosophy.
Made from a 1cm thick PVC tube cut in the middle?
Don't think I've seen that before.
Unusual driver selection and placement.

The Artaban would work well in large(r) rooms and would probably sound really well.
Looks wise I find them ugly.
Frequency graph doesn't impress me either.
Frankly for 7800,- euro a pair I would look elsewhere.

I like the smaller Curegn model more.

OP
C

Ciobi69

Interesting speaker and design philosophy.
Made from a 1cm thick PVC tube cut in the middle?
Don't think I've seen that before.
Unusual driver selection and placement.

The Artaban would work well in large(r) rooms and would probably sound really well.
Looks wise I find them ugly.
Frequency graph doesn't impress me either.
Frankly for 7800,- euro a pair I would look elsewhere.

I like the smaller Curegn model more.
Thanks for your opinion, the little model it's very interesting too with his 10inch down firing woofer it' is very cool, the reason I like the artaban it's about the performance, as i have a 40mq room it would be perfect, but it's expensive too for a diy speaker , the person behind the project seems to have his motivation, as I've read on what he writes he seems to know what he is doing

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Thanks for your opinion, the little model it's very interesting too with his 10inch down firing woofer it' is very cool, the reason I like the artaban it's about the performance, as i have a 40mq room it would be perfect, but it's expensive too for a diy speaker , the person behind the project seems to have his motivation, as I've read on what he writes he seems to know what he is doing
Without detailed measurements of speakers performance I am always hesitant. Without these measurements I am left asking myself, did they design and build these without measurements and/or modeling? Or if they did use proper measurements why not post them? Many questions so few answers. Be cautious Sir.

OP
C

Ciobi69

Without detailed measurements of speakers performance I am always hesitant. Without these measurements I am left asking myself, did they design and build these without measurements and/or modeling? Or if they did use proper measurements why not post them? Many questions so few answers. Be cautious Sir.
As i know they are proper designed in each page you can find the speaker measurements, i am cautious and ideally i should be listening them, i hope for the end of the year because they are 500km from me, but i did find very interesting the cilindric build ,it could be. Avery good solution for baffle diffraction

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-14-16-32-30-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-14-16-32-30-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 62

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
As i know they are proper designed in each page you can find the speaker measurements, i am cautious and ideally i should be listening them, i hope for the end of the year because they are 500km from me, but i did find very interesting the cilindric build ,it could be. Avery good solution for baffle diffraction
The provided graph is but one of many that are needed to adequately assess the qualities of the Speaker performance characteristics. But if you consider that adequate then by all means carry on Sir.

OP
C

Ciobi69

The provided graph is but one of many that are needed to adequately assess the qualities of the Speaker performance characteristics. But if you consider that adequate then by all means carry on Sir.
I understand i may have to ask more information about it

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not exactly an on-axis flat frequency response...

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The measurements provided do not appear to be anechoic. In conjunction with the absence of off-axis data, there is simply nothing here upon which one could base a conclusion. With that being said, my expectation is fudged directivity.

Wolf

They don't appear to understand proper AMT/planar orientation or positioning.

alex-z

Looks like a design where fancy drivers take precidence over good engineering. 2 mid-range drivers of that size are going to absolutely fuck the directivity.

Top Bottom