• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What do we make of the upcoming Dirac SRCT?

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Described (though not in much technical detail) here

This seems to be a realization of the long dream of "recreating a space in your space" via multichannel sound -- in this case with every loudspeaker yoked together as a sort of single giant smart 3D sound field generator.

I'm curious, to say the least.

Last edited:

ppataki

Major Contributor
If I had to take a guess I think it would be Dirac Unison brought to home audio (maybe rebranded though)
The pictures in the article that you linked are actually from the Unison presentation (also attached), starting from slide 21

In practice how I can imagine it is that if you have surround or other additional speakers that can go relatively low then Unison will be able to use those as 'helper' speakers to even out the low-end response
Would be curious though how that would impact the (stereo) image....

Adding @Flak here, FYI :)

Attachments

• Dirac+Room+Correction+(Audio+Engineering+Society,+AES+Sweden+lecture)_compressed.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 140

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Hi @Flak,

You mentioned elsewhere that we should expect announcements by Autumn....

Anything being planned soon?

Thanks (apologies for being a nag)

Flak

Industry Insider
I think that CES at the beginning of January is the right time for finding out about news :)

Top Bottom