• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What combo to replace Topping E30/L30?

SeaBeef

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I’ve got a Topping E30/L30 combo which I’m wanting to replace. The thing that really annoys me about the E30/L30 combo is that I need to flick the L30 off each time after use, and flick it on to use.

My main source is Nvidia Shield with Tidal. I’ve got the setup wired via optical from my TV, into the E30 in DAC mode, then out to the L30. I use the L30 in Pre-Amp mode 90% of the time which runs my active bookshelf speakers. I’ll only use headphones every now and then, so having to switch the L30 on each time I turn the TV on is quite annoying.

Sure I could just leave the L30 in Pre-Amp mode when not in use, but it’s always warm to the touch, so I assume it draws some power.

Ideally I’d love the exact same setup, with the L30 automatically turning on and off, like the E30 does, but this is impossible without leaving L30 in Pre-Amp mode. So what would be a good replacement all-in-one unit or combo that won’t break the bank?

Cheers!

OP
S

SeaBeef

Bump anyone?

I see the DX3 Pro+ and SMSL C200 as options, anything else worthwhile considering with auto on/off with signal detection?

Top Bottom