• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What cheap deals can we be looking at for decent budget DAC and amp combos?

lemon07r

Hey everyone, lurker for a while. My little lepy amp finally gave out on me, bought a super cheap 50w amp that sounded way worse than my lepy and regretted it. Also upgraded computer parts but the onboard dac on my new motherboard isn't anywhere near as good as my last one (on paper) and since I can't get it to output sound at all for some reason I thought screw it, I might as well get a new amp and DAC.

I really don't want to spend a lot, just looking for the best value dac and amp combo in the cheapo budget range. I will be powering two monitor audio radius 45 satellites and using a 10in powered klipsch subwoofer. So 2*25w or better will be more than enough. Just want something decent quality this time cause the crappy 50w amp I have right now is nightmare fuel.

Budget? I don't have a set one but I want to keep my total cost below 150usd or 200 cad. The lower the better. What dacs and amps perform the best in the super cheap category? The cheaper the better of course.

Was hoping there would be some good 11.11 or drop deals today that someone could point me towards.

Willem

Major Contributor
By and large I do not think ultra cheap integrated amplifiers offer value for money. Nearly all of them are crap for no other reason that there is a level below which you cannot realistically go. My advice would be the Yamaha AS 301 or preferably the AS 501. It seems they are cheaper in Europe than in the US, however.

Top Bottom