• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What can I do to minimize electromagnetic radiation from power amplifiers?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date
OP
D

Deleted member 9685

One would need to measure in the proper conditions (EMC lab) to get accurate readings with far more expensive equipment.

I don't think it's a good idea to wait until we make a lot or money or wait for EMC lab. I like taking matters into my hands.
0.1V/m resolution is fine enough. It is far better than nothing.

It's still better to have relative readings through a radio than to have nothing. Sound signatures give me some ideas.

If you are worried about your precious equipments, you can buy oscilloscope and measure your house wires.
Oscilloscope measures dirty electricity in house wires. I'm interested in what's actually emitted in the air.
Things like SineTamer can lengthen lifespan of your electronics and also your own lifespan.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Things like SineTamer can lengthen lifespan of your electronics and also your own lifespan.
1601680603514.png

solderdude

Grand Contributor
In order to shield something, especially HF, you would need to cage the total room around you and no wires can go in and out of that room without having extreme filtering at the point where the cables enter that room.
It's VERY safe to say this does NOT do anything at all.

Do you doubt me ?

Do you have radio and cell phone reception ?
When you hold the shungite stuff against your phone is the reception less or more ?

Wrap your phone in alufoil... now try to ring it.
Do this with the shungite .. normal reception ... so ergo.. all it does is empty your pockets and make you believe it does something.

Reactions: EdW

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Do you have radio and cell phone reception ?
ooh, now, there is a good assay!
Not perfect, though, as it would need to cover a very broad range of frequencies to be definitive.
Because, let's face it, the only part of the whole EM spectrum one really cares about are the frequencies that are causin' one trouble.

:cool:

Top Bottom