• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

adam2434

The new Polk ES20 - 6.5" standmount at $350-400/pair depending on sale price. These are in the same price tier as the new Monolith Encore B6 that Amir plans to test, so it would be interesting to see how this new Polk model compares.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
When are the KH420 and 8361A reviews are released? We can't wait ;)
As you know, the 8361A review is out. I literally need to give a break to my back and my wife's before handling another heavy beast of a speaker! The KH420 actually came on a small pallet! Trying to lift heavy objects is one thing. Doing that with delicate and expensive gear is completely another.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
As you know, the 8361A review is out. I literally need to give a break to my back and my wife's before handling another heavy beast of a speaker! The KH420 actually came on a small pallet! Trying to lift heavy objects is one thing. Doing that with delicate and expensive gear is completely another.
You need a Harbor Freight lift!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You need a Harbor Freight lift!
If my listening room was a shed, sure. :) This is a loft overlooking our living room so no way I can use those lifts (which I do have for my workshop).

I did however just spend $1000 on this motorized stair dolly:

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer

adam2434

I’ve already tested them. Don’t waste your money. I’ll have a review up soon. In the next week or two.

Interesting.

Not pretty, huh?

Since Parts Express is 30 minutes from me, I was going to pick up a pair to play with out of curiosity, although I have no use for them and already have way too many speakers stockpiled that I don't use.

Any interest or plans to test the Polk ES20 standmount?

AlexanderM

In the ultra low budget category, this new Dayton 6" standmount at $150/pair might be interesting.

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-MK602X-6-2-Way-Bookshelf-Speaker-Pair-300-469
These are a good cheap option. I used to be able to find them for $199 pair.

Top Bottom