• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
+1 for Audioengine and Kanto
Kanto has been kindly offered by the company. Nothing else from Audioengine as of now.

relmu

[QUOTE = "amirm, post: 575223, member: 2"] He comprado el Classic 5 pero no el resto de tu lista. [/ QUOTE]
Con el Clásico es más que suficiente! Gracias!!!

goldark

Forum Donor
Thanks. I ordered it. It was $150 on Amazon but was reading crazy stories of ebay sales for much less.

Hi Amir, saw that you purchased this speaker. Is the DCM TP160S still in the pipeline for review? Very interested in this one

Vytauts

I really would like to see more tower speakers reviews. Various budget and various models.

Most interested at:
Fyne Audio
Triangle
Acoustic Energy
Dali towers

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m REALLY interested in the LXmini. The kits go for around 500$ (without crossover).

they’re rumored to give the best sound and 3D imaging below 10k$

okok

how about apple hoempod? "Apple's original HomePod has been jailbroken", it could be using with pc

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi Amir, saw that you purchased this speaker. Is the DCM TP160S still in the pipeline for review? Very interested in this one
Yes although first I have to find it in a mount of other speakers here! :)

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
what is a "mount" of other speakers?
44f1654812ac534ec3750835efef5004.jpg

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

milus

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep, reviewed in Audioholics.com. The towers here , and here the bookshelves.
IIRC there is also a mod for the towers by @Dennis Murphy somewhere in their forum.
Huh, ****** listening window, but if you go far off-axis, it actually is pretty neutral:

EDIT: Did the forum always automatically censor swear words?

Last edited:

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I was just going to suggest these. I found this:
So the RP10-3 G4s may be a little hyped, which would be a bit of a shame if true (the original 10-3s measured quite well - S&R review). That said, with a bit of EQ these might end up being rather decent. I mean, the market is not exactly flooded with $500 10" 3-way midfields, is it? They can be used both horizontally and vertically, too. I think they were *cough* inspired *cough* by some much more expensive Focals.

Xyrium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I was just going to suggest these. I found this:
So the RP10-3 G4s may be a little hyped, which would be a bit of a shame if true (the original 10-3s measured quite well - S&R review). That said, with a bit of EQ these might end up being rather decent. I mean, the market is not exactly flooded with $500 10" 3-way midfields, is it? They can be used both horizontally and vertically, too. I think they were *cough* inspired *cough* by some much more expensive Focals.

I didn't realize how recessed that midrange driver was into the baffle. Very interesting. That peak at 5k could be annoying, in the original speaker's S&R measurements, but I am curious to see a new barrage of Amir's measurement suite on the new model.

It's interesting to see how several different speakers will track (in pattern, perhaps not amplitude) to a listener's room below Schroeder though. Two different speakers, sizes, and even orientation and amps, but they follow the same pattern from 300Hz downward. It's just more evidence that room tuning is probably more important than any EQ in that range.

Last edited:

Xyrium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I just messaged Amir and am sending a YU and YU4 for review. Should see the reviews for it early in the new year.
If anything, please send the YU6. That 5.25" woofer will be excellent on the desktop.

Edit: And welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Top Bottom