• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

archerious

Tekton Mini Lores

archerious

I'm in favor of more studio monitors to be tested.
The ratio of active vs passive speakers is too low, IMO.

IMO, we need more active speakers tested below US$700/ea (the price point at which Neumann KH 120 and Genelec 8030C become the logical choice).

Chika < Kaguya

composer

There's a fashion among beginners telling that Edifier speakers are "excellent" entry level studio monitors (even Edifier self doesn't define the product like that)

If there isn't any review, it would be nice to demystify such hoax (or maybe, surprisingly, discovering that it's damn true!)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There's a fashion among beginners telling that Edifier speakers are "excellent" entry level studio monitors (even Edifier self doesn't define the product like that)

If there isn't any review, it would be nice to demystify such hoax (or maybe, surprisingly, discovering that it's damn true!)
I bought an Edifier. Just have not had time to test it.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
this was a july 16th response in this thread to a request that the wd 220 be tested...:)
From what Amir has said in other posts, he's said/inferred that he has a backlog of gear to test, and I guess he has to balance other projects (like the headphone testing project) with speaker testing / DAC testing / AVR testing, etc.....so I suppose he chooses the products/reviews that are most relevant at any given point in time.....I suppose he also has to test borrowed equipment from members first as it would be rude to hold onto someone's gear for a long time......there's not a set release schedule, I mean I'm waiting for a JBL 308p Mkii to be tested that I know is somewhere in the pipeline, but these reviews will just come when they come.

leeroy 85032

From what Amir has said in other posts, he's said/inferred that he has a backlog of gear to test, and I guess he has to balance other projects (like the headphone testing project) with speaker testing / DAC testing / AVR testing, etc.....so I suppose he chooses the products/reviews that are most relevant at any given point in time.....I suppose he also has to test borrowed equipment from members first as it would be rude to hold onto someone's gear for a long time......there's not a set release schedule, I mean I'm waiting for a JBL 308p Mkii to be tested that I know is somewhere in the pipeline, but these reviews will just come when they come.
that's all good.. i understand being busy.... but i felt the need to hear some sort of explanation as to the future of the promised review ,, so i registered to hopefully get a reply .. i'm not a "noob", as i frequent other forums ...might be nice to hear from "the busy one " himself considering he does see financial gain (an obvious point) from this forum..

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
that's all good.. i understand being busy.... but i felt the need to hear some sort of explanation as to the future of the promised review
Why would @amirm would have to justify himself to you?
considering he does see financial gain (an obvious point) from this forum..
How so? Not from you, actually...
Did you even realize you're on an independent forum, which is mostly based on donations? Do you even understand the amount of work our host is doing here for free?

leeroy 85032

Why would @amirm would have to justify himself to you?

How so? Not from you, actually...
Did you even realize you're on an independent forum, which is mostly based on donations? Do you even understand the amount of work our host is doing here for free?
he doesn't need to justify himself to me ..i was just wondering... and 2 )i'm no more interested in your lecture than you seem to be in my inquiry.. peace chief...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
that's all good.. i understand being busy.... but i felt the need to hear some sort of explanation as to the future of the promised review ,, so i registered to hopefully get a reply .. i'm not a "noob", as i frequent other forums ...might be nice to hear from "the busy one " himself considering he does see financial gain (an obvious point) from this forum..
Let's see:

1. I have hundreds of pounds of produce and fruit that is rotting in our garden that we worked months to grow because I don't even have the time to pick them let alone preserve them.

2. We have two dishwashers in our kitchen. The first one broke a while ago and I had not had time to fix. Now the second and main one is leaking badly and shutting off. My wife is literally in tears in this morning having to work around me and the ripped out dishwasher I am trying to diagnose. And despite spending hours on it, I still can't get inside the darn thing to figure out where the leak is as the hoses are not long enough to pull it out to do this.

3. I had to build a new stand to test the Magnepan LRS for the speaker measurement gear. Once there, it took half a day to measure it and entire yesterday to analyze and prepare the results.

4. I have to ship units to their owners.

5. I have tons of gear to review which was purchased for testing with a deadline to review and return the unit if not performing. I get hourly pings about them.

6. We can't go out due to smoke in the air and generally miserable end to our nice summer.

7. I have forum posts to respond do, deal with spammers, approve posts, handle requests to test more stuff, etc.

8. Nothing is getting done around the house. Recent storm dumped a bunch of branches on the roof, filled the gutters, etc. Haven't had time to change oil even in our generator, tractor, etc. Haven't washed our cars, or even had time to take them to the car wash in months.

As to "financial gain," there is none and won't be for years to come.

So if you don't mind, I am juggling all I can, putting priority on reviews and forum above many other important things in life. It is the best that can be done.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
And so it is clear, my own purchased gear gets second priority to member loaned equipment. Owners want their gear back to use. I don't have that need with stuff I have bought to test.

leeroy 85032

Let's see:

1. I have hundreds of pounds of produce and fruit that is rotting in our garden that we worked months to grow because I don't even have the time to pick them let alone preserve them.

2. We have two dishwashers in our kitchen. The first one broke a while ago and I had not had time to fix. Now the second and main one is leaking badly and shutting off. My wife is literally in tears in this morning having to work around me and the ripped out dishwasher I am trying to diagnose. And despite spending hours on it, I still can't get inside the darn thing to figure out where the leak is as the hoses are not long enough to pull it out to do this.

3. I had to build a new stand to test the Magnepan LRS for the speaker measurement gear. Once there, it took half a day to measure it and entire yesterday to analyze and prepare the results.

4. I have to ship units to their owners.

5. I have tons of gear to review which was purchased for testing with a deadline to review and return the unit if not performing. I get hourly pings about them.

6. We can't go out due to smoke in the air and generally miserable end to our nice summer.

7. I have forum posts to respond do, deal with spammers, approve posts, handle requests to test more stuff, etc.

8. Nothing is getting done around the house. Recent storm dumped a bunch of branches on the roof, filled the gutters, etc. Haven't had time to change oil even in our generator, tractor, etc. Haven't washed our cars, or even had time to take them to the car wash in months.

As to "financial gain," there is none and won't be for years to come.

So if you don't mind, I am juggling all I can, putting priority on reviews and forum above many other important things in life. It is the best that can be done.
well there's my answer .. thanks for your response:)... edit: i certainly don;t mind the wait , but seems to be a bit of hostility considering this is a hobby forum.. have a better day pards , sorry i caught you at a bad time...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And so it is clear, my own purchased gear gets second priority to member loaned equipment. Owners want their gear back to use. I don't have that need with stuff I have bought to test.

You got this, Bossman.

1600373627032.png

Top Bottom