• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We won’t know until you measure them :)

The fact that the B1 was $300 and then the new B1+ came out and is better with stated improved crossover or midrange performance (baffle step compensation added?) yet they made it cheaper ($230) is very interesting. AverageJoeAudiophile measured/reviewed the B1 and he preferred it over the KEF Q100.
https://emotiva.com/collections/loudspeakers/products/airmotiv-b1-pair

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought one from a member. So will test at some point.
Awesome, very much looking forward to that JBL 308p Mkii review!

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I too would like to see the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 reviewed. It was a best seller and got many prizes a few years ago.

TraverS

I would really love to see JBL Stage A130 review. I have listened to it once and it sounds surprisingly normal, unlike most <$200 speaker that always has some weird sound to it. One reviewer even says that it sounds better than Elac Debut B6.2 (purely subjective though).
JBL Stage A130 looks exactly like JBL Studio 230 with worse build quality, smaller woofer, and electrolytic caps for $200 (in my country).

Gphoton

Adam sent me a pair of T8Vs for review. Would that do?
The T7v are more commonly found and less expensive. Although they go lower the T8V might start to give up tweeter integration and upper midrange. The T5V might be better in that regard, and cheaper still.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The T7v are more commonly found and less expensive. Although they go lower the T8V might start to give up tweeter integration and upper midrange. The T5V might be better in that regard, and cheaper still.
Yes, that's often an issue with the larger models, although if it does well it would be a great buy as its not easy to find a good and cheap 8" two way loudspeaker.
By the way here are some detailed measurements of the T5V and T7V and both did quite similar and well.
https://www.soundandrecording.de/equipment/studiomonitor-adam-audio-t5v-im-test/
https://www.soundandrecording.de/equipment/adam-audio-t7v-studiomonitor-im-test/

batfunk

SVS Prime Satellite(269 dollars a pair)
1214svssp.meas.jpg

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would really love to see JBL Stage A130 review. I have listened to it once and it sounds surprisingly normal, unlike most <$200 speaker that always has some weird sound to it. One reviewer even says that it sounds better than Elac Debut B6.2 (purely subjective though).
JBL Stage A130 looks exactly like JBL Studio 230 with worse build quality, smaller woofer, and electrolytic caps for $200 (in my country).
The Stereophile measurements of the towers are really good (imaging is fantastic, the ok-axis is a bit bright though).
What I want to see is how the different woofer sizes affect the crossover region (as the tweeter waveguides states the same I believe), the Stage has 3 tower models if I’m not mistaken.

SDX-LV

Remember that the EON 612 and 615 have VERY wide dispersion. It’s this speaker
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/“mystery”-speaker-opinion-sought.13178/

OK, I am certainly interested! The EON 615 is like a poor man's JBL M2 :)
If they do not have any mayor issues (having some tiny bass boost is not an issue), I would turn their amp gain to the max and connect to a Denon X3700 for a no-nonsense home theater & surround music cave. My wife even commented that she likes the shape of the wave-guide on the woofer.

Realistically though I don't have space for them, even for the 12" version. 8" is about as big as I can fit (and need) in my room.
Also they are likely terrible in terms of idle hissing - JBL can't even make the reference 705P silent like a Neumann or Genelec. So this one is probably very rough in the DSP and Amp department.

Honken

Darvis

I'd be interested in the Eon as well!

I'd be very interested in seeing the XTZ spirit s 4 tested as well. XTZ' showroom is almost next to me, but I can't find any reviews of them that seem trustworthy - so I haven't actually bought any speakers from them over the years.
Did you try the 99.36 series?

Honken

Did you try the 99.36 series?
No sorry, at least not in a setting that would resemble a home listening experience.

I've been thinking of visiting several times, but I just haven't gotten around to doing so.

Top Bottom