• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Floyd Toole had mentioned Arena 120 being capable of really neutral full-range sound withba subwoofer, and there are measurements available for that too. Stage A120 is the new replacement. That'll be a good test of the company too, as to whether they are cost cutting with new models at the cost of sound or not.
The Arena was a cool speaker given its shallow depth. Shame it is discontinued.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My list:

Fluance Ai60
Fluance Ai 40
Vinatoo T1E
Vinatoo T0
Kanto YU6
Audioengine A5+
Tannoy gold 8

I'm not Amir and don't have a klippel:), but in case you were just curious how the Ai60 measures (since as far as I'm aware there aren't other measurements for them) I tested them a couple of months ago:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...si-anechoic-measurements-and-spinorama.12027/

Long story short: Ugly frequency response but quite solid directivity. Nice set of features too, but questionable design choices (like dynamic EQ built into the volume knob rather than actual output SPL). Unfortunately it sounds best with the volume knob set to max, but that's also introduces much hiss.

Last edited:

jgazal

Are the new Klipsch The Fives considered budget speakers? If so, I would like to see them reviewed.

Kaiju

I'm not Amir and don't have a klippel:), but in case you were just curious how the Ai60 measures (since as far as I'm aware there aren't other measurements for them) I tested them a couple of months ago:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...si-anechoic-measurements-and-spinorama.12027/

Long story short: Ugly frequency response but quite solid directivity. Nice set of features too, but questionable design choices (like dynamic EQ built into the volume knob rather than actual output SPL). Unfortunately it sounds best with the volume knob set to max, but that's also introduces much hiss.

Do you have any budget active speaker recommendation?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not really the defined budget price range but very modest priced considering the very good and expensive Scan Speak drivers, own enclosures with waveguides and all made in Germany

https://www.concertmeister.de/opus

1589824767500.png1589824818518.png1589824840511.png

q3cpma

Major Contributor

Haint

@amirm Amirm, not sure if you ever picked them up for testing, but the Sony Core CS5's are on one of their rare $75/pair sales this week. If you've already got a pair and are considering what speaker to review next, they'd be a great choice before they go off sale if by some chance they happen to be a new budget king.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm Amirm, not sure if you ever picked them up for testing, but the Sony Core CS5's are on one of their rare $75/pair sales this week. If you've already got a pair and are considering what speaker to review next, they'd be a great choice before they go off sale if by some chance they happen to be a new budget king.
I bought the SSCS5 back in February. I paid $148. :(

Top Bottom