• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Bleib

Major Contributor

Frontino

Actually, I'd like to see a proper stress test review of the Klipsch THX-6000-LCR (formerly KL-650-THX) at high SPL (like 105 dB at 3 meters), measuring THD, IMD and power compression.

I always wondered if they really are that good.

Have you ever seen the magnet of those 6.5 woofers? They're huge!

Jasperous

Arendal 1723 THX monitors.
I just looked at these, they look fantastic!! From their materials, it's not over-hyped and looks like it would measure well

Bleib

Major Contributor

heraldo_jones

dpuopolo

Yeah, not very good if you're out after neutral sound. V-shaped which quickly grows old
Actually, if you eq the Jamo S803 they can sound quite good! AND the EQ on the Fosi TB10D does a fairly nice job doing so. The directivity problem they speak of is basically a non event in my application - AND there is an easy cure to it! With these speakers selling for around 80 dollars a pair, I bought a second pair which I plan to stack upside down atop the original pair, and by slightly toeing one speaker out and the other one in that problem is easily solved. See, in another life I was a FoH engineer and that's the way we were able to fill an entire stadium with reasonably flat sound.

Reactions: SMc

3125b

Major Contributor
I would like to see some cheap Canton (or similar brands like Heco etc.) towers measured.
The GLE 470.2 for example seems to be the cheapest option at only 149€/piece and seems to measure reasonably well:
cantonpns6j.png

Some high resolution measurements of speakers in that class would be interesting.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Actually, if you eq the Jamo S803 they can sound quite good! AND the EQ on the Fosi TB10D does a fairly nice job doing so. The directivity problem they speak of is basically a non event in my application - AND there is an easy cure to it! With these speakers selling for around 80 dollars a pair, I bought a second pair which I plan to stack upside down atop the original pair, and by slightly toeing one speaker out and the other one in that problem is easily solved. See, in another life I was a FoH engineer and that's the way we were able to fill an entire stadium with reasonably flat sound.
This can lead to a muddier sound as many of the drivers are not synced well together.

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm interested in the measurements on the Polk ES10. If anyone has them from another website, would you mind sharing? Mostly I'm interested in adjusting the EQ.
Yes I would be very interested also - I am thinking these might work well as fronts with a Subwoofer - I already bought the ES20 (after the review https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...re-elite-es20-review-bookshelf-speaker.33834/ and love them in my Den) but these ES10 seem to be tiny yet possible have the same 'build' quality and tweeter and paired with a subwoofer might be good in our small living room (my wife hates large speakers). If they don't work there I would probably use them as rear speakers with the ES20 and ultimately get an Atmos setup.

apexkingjusto

I just bought a pair of Focal Dome Flax as surrounds. In Europe they cost around 300 euros each. Would be great to see how they look on the NFS :) I would send one over for review but I'm based in Central Europe...
I have a bunch of the older ones, I’m tempted to send them. I used them for the past 10yrs and just recently upgraded my fronts.

Top Bottom