• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Midnight Audiophile

Attachments

• 71HMSOZ0X2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71HMSOZ0X2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 90
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'd love to see the Tannoy 402 measured and reviewed. It's a great little speaker especially for the price ($100 per speaker).
That is amazing value. I would order it now but I have no room whatsoever for it. Remind me again next month and I will get it.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

heraldo_jones

To me, the T80 and particularly the T80S, look even more interesting. You get bigger bass drivers and the slim version is only 5 inches deep!
For home theatre use probably. For music I would prefer the T65, they seem to fit a medium room nice and would pair great with a sub or a pair.

Torbachkristensen

I would love to see review and measurements for the Presonus Eris XT series with EBM Waveguide. Specifically the consistency in sound between E5, E7, E8 would be very interesting. They are dirt cheap, and look well designed and could suite a wide variety of Atmos setups. The R Series should be interesting as well.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-Speakers

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would love to see review and measurements for the Presonus Eris XT series with EBM Waveguide. Specifically the consistency in sound between E5, E7, E8 would be very interesting. They are dirt cheap, and look well designed and could suite a wide variety of Atmos setups. The R Series should be interesting as well.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-Speakers
Nice waveguide and directivity but unfortunately poor on-axis tuning which can be corrected with EQ though

heraldo_jones

Torbachkristensen

Last edited:

richardbruce

I'm all in favor of an under-$200 MSRP shootout. Perhaps with some mods, an under-$200 speaker can become an almost-$500 speaker. Not that I've ever attempted such a thing ;-)

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
speakerlab point one +... seattle based .. i saw (heard) these at the arizona speakerfest yesterday .. they are awesome for the price of $650.. teeny tiny 2 way with some sort of hybrid port .. they were the smallest ,least expensive speakers at the show ,there were 19 (i think) speakers there (the bmr's and r3's were easily my fave's), these little point 1+'s were easily in the top10 and imo rival the bmr's for value...

Top Bottom