• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Gabe33

I would really love to see the m-audio bx8 D3 reviewed, they are well specd budget monitors that can give the Yamaha HS8's & Adam T8Vs a run for their money

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Any chance of some reviews of the Polk XT series e.g. the XT15 or XT20 - they are on sale in Europe - so roughly Eur120 or Eur199 at the moment - given they seem to test well with Erin tests and maybe share some of the tech of the ES series and much better than the older T series I thought they might make a good option for people.

AlexanderM

Dali Spektor 2
Cambridge audio SX-50
Jamo S803
Polk Audio XT20

aretuseo79

Monitor Audio Bronze 50
Monitor-Audio-BRONZE-50-6G-Nere-4.png

Last edited:

tom_tom

not sure about "budget" but I think a lot of people waits for very promising Polk Audio R200

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Keep the recommendations coming but right now, I have more speakers to test than I have time! So I won't be buying more until I get through the backlog.

movehome

Hi Amir!

I'd love to see the Tannoy 402 measured and reviewed. It's a great little speaker especially for the price ($100 per speaker). About the same size as the Edifier 1280T but with much better sound. Huge increase in clarity. Lots of volume for a desktop setup and way more bass than the Genelec 8010.

DSC06512.JPG

Last edited:

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

movehome

Those look great. There may be some amp or ADC noise, though: http://digitalstereophony.blogspot.com/2015/12/tannoy-402-review.html?m=1
There's slight buzzing with the Tannoy 402... likely comparable to other powered speakers. I only have one of them at the moment and the buzz isn't audible in my environment from more than 2 feet away. The PC fan noise and noise from outside covers it up. If it was absolutely silent in the room it might be audible at 2-3 feet though.. I'm not sure.

They sound really good - I'm very happy with them and have ordered a second one. The small size is a huge benefit. I would consider other speakers like the Adam T5V but they're way too big for me.

The one I bought was previously purchased and returned by someone via Amazon. I wonder if they returned it because of the buzz, or because maybe they thought there would be two speakers in the box :)

H-RYCAJ

Polk signature elite 60 towers. The S15, and S20 bookshelf speakers measured well. I would love to see how the towers hold up.

uwotm8

Dynaudio LYD 7 or BM5A III or any other their 2-way with proper in-house woofer - 3" voice coil+inner magnet.
Budget "traditional" 1" voice coil woofers (Excite, LYD 5, DM 2/6 etc) can't do that bass.

Top Bottom