• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
Given the recent reviews performance with 5.25" +/- 'woofers' - can't wait to see the Infinity R253!:)

zermak

I would like to see measurementes from an Italian brand, Indiana Line but I doubt there are any distributors over there.
Anyway there are some reviews from different magazines that you can look up uploaded on their site but of course they miss all these fancy tests Amir is doing/expanding lately.

racePigeon

I posted this earlier but I think it was the wrong forum.

May I suggest the Audioengine HDP6 (Passive)?

This is an affordable speaker that got some good reviews.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I posted this earlier but I think it was the wrong forum.

May I suggest the Audioengine HDP6 (Passive)?

This is an affordable speaker that got some good reviews.
I saw it. :) At $400 is over budget for me to purchase.

modes

I'd send you my Jbl Studio 220 if I wasn't in east Eu. Based on my limited measuring setup I have a hunch these will look off the hook objectively. 3rd order electrical crossover too for both drivers.

ThsM

I am really interested in the Tannoy Gold 5. Are they useful in a PC/desktop setup for music listening (not as a work horse)? Would they also work 2m away as "normal" stereo setup?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have an MR624 I could send in. Any interest?
I am interested. Question is shipping cost. If you are on west coast of US, then it may make sense test yours. Otherwise at $210, may be better to buy them.

bobbooo

Major Contributor
Only around 20 pairs of the original Q Acoustics 3020 (minus the 'i') available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Acoustics-3020-Bookshelf-Speakers-Graphite/dp/B00TR7I1EY/

Might be one of the last chances to get and measure them. At close to $100 cheaper than the larger 'i' version, if their acoustic measurements stack up they could be a decent budget choice for those looking for a compact, aesthetically pleasing option. It doesn't look like there are any measurements of them anywhere.

Last edited:

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I bring attention again to HSU:

HSU's offering look interesting.

HB-1 Horn Speaker: http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/hb-1.html
$160 + $30 shipping per speaker for black:

index.php

More expensive model CCB-8: http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/ccb-8.html
$370 + $50 per speaker for black.

index.php