• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Boss, are you measuring with or without the woofer cover? Asking because it could be seen as part of the waveguide.
I left the woofer cover on. The thing looks ugly without it. :) And since it doesn't cover the tweeter, I think it is fine measuring it that way.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wonder what the JBL HDI series is like. Looks to have the waveguide like the LSR series, and costs enough they apparently think they are pretty good. So not really a budget speaker depending upon which model is measured. I also wish JBL would include the basic spin-o-rama graph on their own products.

https://www.audioadvice.com/videos-reviews/jbl-hdi-speaker-series-review/
We have a member that is trying to decide between HDI and Revel. It is catch-22 as without measurements, it is hard to tell if JBL is the right speaker for him.

P_M

Would love to see some reviews of popular studio monitors like KRK Rockit, Audioengine and Polk.

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wonder what the JBL HDI series is like. Looks to have the waveguide like the LSR series, and costs enough they apparently think they are pretty good. So not really a budget speaker depending upon which model is measured. I also wish JBL would include the basic spin-o-rama graph on their own products.

https://www.audioadvice.com/videos-reviews/jbl-hdi-speaker-series-review/

We have a member that is trying to decide between HDI and Revel. It is catch-22 as without measurements, it is hard to tell if JBL is the right speaker for him.

I'm due to review these and will happily post my measurements here first as usual, but coronavirus has delayed things...

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
I'm due to review these and will happily post my measurements here first as usual, but coronavirus has delayed things...
Very interested in the HDI, you are reviewing the bookshelf model ?

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very interested in the HDI, you are reviewing the bookshelf model ?
Yep, only bookshelves for me. Aside from not being very interested in towers in general, the worst thing about reviewing speakers is having to save the boxes; you can't even fold them down because of the packaging foam. Towers obviously come in way bigger boxes than bookshelf speakers, and I've just got a little NYC apartment. Did it once for the Focal Kanta No 3, and decided I'd never put myself through that again =]

The bookshelves are usually decently indicative of the tower performance if a similar tweeter and waveguide is used, but of course not always.

Transmaniacon

Would love to see the Chane A1.5 get reviewed, they are quite popular on AVS and offer up some exceptional sound in my opinion.

CerealKiller

JBL Arena 120/B15 ($200) Spins available already for this one so you can compare if you want

Where can I find those spins?

Also, the budget candidates i'd like to see spinned here in ASR are the JBL arena 120 big and bigger brothers, the arena 130 6.5" 2 way bookshelf and the arena 170 6.5" 2 way floorstander. The former beeing the most interesting one in my opinion. Though it seems not to be aviable any more online sadly =S

Cheers!

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Orb Audio Mod 1 QuickPack and Home Theater Direct Level Two Bookshelf Speakers

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Would love to see some reviews of popular studio monitors like KRK Rockit, Audioengine and Polk.
I have an Audioengine here for review.

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Who buys the L2? The L3 bookshelves are most certainly their biggest seller.

Don't know. I was trying to keep the price down. Maybe you're right!

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Who buys the L2? The L3 bookshelves are most certainly their biggest seller.

Don't know. I was trying to keep the price down. Maybe you're right!

relmu

I'd like to read a review of cheap studio monitors like krk rp5 g2 / g3 / g4 or presonus eris e5 / xt5.

Top Bottom