• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

b1daly

Forum Donor
It's funny how my impressions of B6s are different from yours. If anything, it's the high end which is lacking a little, and low and midrange are great. What I like about these speakers is that no matter how much I turn the volume up, they sound pleasant and controlled.
Impressions are funny, and I can find my own changing a lot from time to time.

I was just driving my wife’s car the last time I did I set the EQ back to flat. That time, I felt even with EQ flat, there was a lot of bass, not unpleasant.

Tonight I was listening to random music and it sounded “thin” annoyingly so. I assumed someone had cut the bass. Nope, EQ still flat.

I have no idea the cause of this perceptual shift. My only theory was that this time I was driving highway, much noisier with wind and road noise. This might have biased my hearing.

Our brains basically have a real time analyzer and an active EQ going at all times

It works relatively quickly to “normalize” the frequency response we hear.

A demonstration of this that boggles my mind is to crank the bass on a playback system, listen for 30 secs or so. Then put EQ back to where it was, and it will sound very “thin.”

celroid

Dynaudio Emit M20, if someone has them and can ship them to amir please do so.
1579542140400.png

usersky

Forum Donor
Monitor Audio Bronze 2. LOVE their looks, sound ok to my years, hungry for some objective point of view on these :)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Also, a little over budget, but something completely different:
View attachment 46601
  1. I'm only half joking.
  2. Several members here have posted that they're surprisingly good.
  3. 15" woofer! 95dB sensitivity! F*@% yeah!
  4. Even @restorer-john won't call it a toy.
  5. Finally, at only $3.50 per pound, it's cheaper than even the beef kabobs, as well as every other speaker listed so far.
(There's a $180 model with 2" cone tweeter, but it doesn't have Eviction Series branding, so it's obviously junk.)
Oh, yeah!
But, of course, the sine qua non is (or at least was) Col. Paul W. Klipsch and his eponymous enterprise. :cool:

I hope it's OK to post this Klipsch greeting card from some years back, given that it contains a Bad Word (one of George Carlin's seven).

another year klipsch by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Also, a little over budget, but something completely different:
View attachment 46601
  1. I'm only half joking.
  2. Several members here have posted that they're surprisingly good.
  3. 15" woofer! 95dB sensitivity! F*@% yeah!
  4. Even @restorer-john won't call it a toy.
  5. Finally, at only $3.50 per pound, it's cheaper than even the beef kabobs, as well as every other speaker listed so far.
(There's a $180 model with 2" cone tweeter, but it doesn't have Eviction Series branding, so it's obviously junk.)

Yeha, they are called "Zwangsräumung" on YT translation.
https://www.amazon.com/BIC-RTR-EV15-Eviction-Bi-Ampable-High-Efficiency/dp/B003H3L76I

I love this. Maybe we could do some SPL test vrs. some JBL PA speakers ?? ; )

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
As a guy who (willingly) uses loudspeakers that are -- arguably -- broadly similar in concept :rolleyes: to these RtR branded Zwangsräumung Lautsprecher -- I'd actually be curious to see how they measured and how sensitive they actually are.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
HeHe, a speaker series called "Zwangsräumung" has something(at least humor), I like this. ; )

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Their active speakers just went live for pre-order, did the company mention this?
They did and gave me some data on it. I just asked them if they can send a sample as well.

Kyle / MrHeeHo

Way out of your price range but I would love to see the Genelec 1031A/B/C (whichever version you could get ahold of) compared to the Behringer's $400 clone B2031A

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Way out of your price range but I would love to see the Genelec 1031A/B/C (whichever version you could get ahold of) compared to the Behringer's $400 clone B2031A
Ah, I used to have a Genelec 1031A. Gave it to my son to use in his room many years ago. I can ask him next time he comes over so I can measure it.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Polk Audio TSi400 $150 to $210 each at Crutchfield. This is a floor standing model. Compare to JBL LSR305SP for $#1t$ and giggles?

Top Bottom