• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

gizmo90

The Cerwin-Vega LA14 seems really impressive. Have it paired with a SMSL DA-1/SU1 combo. Subjectively I'm finding it a super fun listen. Kids have it so good these days.

TankTop

Martin Logan Motion Foundation, bookshelf and center. Looks to be about as budget as you can get for a premium(ish) speaker

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Martin Logan Motion Foundation, bookshelf and center. Looks to be about as budget as you can get for a premium(ish) speaker

The Martin Logan Motion B10, the more expensive analogue of the Foundation B2, was reviewed last August on a site that also uses the Klippel. Google is your friend....

tl;dr version: They were pretty awful.

AlexanderM

Amir's B10 review.

Watire

I wish ASR could featured more french manufacturers besides Focal.
Cabasse, Elipson, Triangle Hifi, Davis Acoustics, all produce lovely small speakers.
I don't know how well they are distributed outside Europe.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wish ASR could featured more french manufacturers besides Focal.
Cabasse, Elipson, Triangle Hifi, Davis Acoustics, all produce lovely small speakers.
I don't know how well they are distributed outside Europe.
If this helps: Distribution: Having lived in many places in the USA & Western Pacific (think 'Ring of Fire), the only one that I have heard of (but never seen) is Focal. And I did not know that they are French until I read this.

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Amir's B10 review.

I'd totally missed or forgotten that review. My comment above was regarding another reviewer who uses Klippel whose comments were perhaps less....charitable?

Da cynics

Yamaha minimum PA speaker

A powerful, high-quality coaxial compression driver combined with proprietary FIR-X filters for the HF and LF crossover deliver sound pressure, precise phase response, and a natural dispersion to ensure every nuance of your performance is conveyed loud and clear to your audience.

Sonic icons

Any tower speaker in the Wharfedale Diamond line, or Elac Debut, or the Elac Debut Reference tower (I think that's just one model).

Top Bottom