• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Budget Speakers Do You Enjoy?

Midnight Audiophile

How about some under $50 speakers (for Prime members and with an Amazon Prime coupon). I'm liking these so far. Nice to see an actual 3-way design with a dedicated mid-range. I just got them but I'll be measuring them against some Dali Spektor 2s and Sony SS-CS5s and then post post some blind samples in a video for viewers to pick the winner. These may surprise you!

71TRl+SLCYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

G|force

Forum Donor
In hindsight it would be fun to have a/d/s L980 12" 3-ways to experiment with external crossovers and 3 stereo amplifiers.

AudioAaron

JBL 530's are great when they're at $250.

C-Notes were great when they were $100, then PE went nuts with price increases on everything.

colombiamgold

Hi!

can please somebody help me with the croosover componets for this other Hivi / swans model...

the drivers are easy to identified...information about the crossover not so easy to find :rolleyes:

Teeter

See my below Signature. :D

beagleman

Major Contributor
My choice, would be the early 2000s era Advent AS2 speaker. I got at Goodwill for literally $9.99 each.....;)
Relatively flat response, will play quite loud and never annoying. Vifa tweeters!

It does it all reasonably good and gets bass down into the mid 30s range.
ztwcrduvycbur9wvnbwa.jpg

Top Bottom