• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What AVR would AMIRM choose with a 1000$ budget

chad2

I currently have a Denon AVR 590, I would like to upgrade my AVR and I am planning on upgrading my ice power amp to a nc502mp from buckeye. I would like to have 4k and am totally willing to get something used. I am working on making a dedicated theater/gaming/listening room. For music I am getting an Allo boss2, but I just don't have 3000$ to throw on a 4K AVR and let alone something that can at least some what keep up with the NC502mp.

My question is to AMIRM, but I would like to know from anyone are there any options out there, that can at least provide pretty good measurements for movie and gaming purposes, that can be had for under 1000$? for music I am going to be bypassing the AVR so that does not matter as much. Or am I asking to much?

Or should I not worry about the sound quality for movies and and games?

f1shb0n3

Forum Donor
I currently have a Denon AVR 590, I would like to upgrade my AVR and I am planning on upgrading my ice power amp to a nc502mp from buckeye. I would like to have 4k and am totally willing to get something used. I am working on making a dedicated theater/gaming/listening room. For music I am getting an Allo boss2, but I just don't have 3000$ to throw on a 4K AVR and let alone something that can at least some what keep up with the NC502mp.

My question is to AMIRM, but I would like to know from anyone are there any options out there, that can at least provide pretty good measurements for movie and gaming purposes, that can be had for under 1000$? for music I am going to be bypassing the AVR so that does not matter as much. Or am I asking to much?

Or should I not worry about the sound quality for movies and and games?
I'm running Onkyo TX-RZ50 (Amir's review and measurements) with Buckeye NC502MP amps for LCR and got great results. I would say the most important part of the AVR in terms of sound quality is the room correction system. Dirac Live on the Onkyo is one of the best around and for the first time coming to an AVR at this price. It's above your budget, but I can guarantee you the additional $500 would be worth it big time. If your speakers are not 4 ohm (Onkyo might drop power with 4ohms as per Amir's review), I would suggest you get the AVR first and buy amps later if you feel you need more power for your speakers.

DrStranger

Have a look at this one:

I am thinking of it my self, reading and viewing some reviews they seem to be positive , but no “nerdy” sites/reviewers have tested it, or it’s bigger and smaller brothers, so I can’t say for sure it will be good.

Top Bottom