• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are your top 3 IEM ?

jcarys

I currently go back and forth between the Truthear red and blue models, mainly for the gym or exercise outdoors. Thinking about getting another model from them. Since you want three, my main set before these was the Sony XBA-Z5, and they are now sitting in my briefcase so I always have something there for air travel. I doubt I will ever spend that much on an IEM again, considering how good the cheap models have gotten.

fuzzychaos

The ones I own

1. Kinera Nanna
2. Campfire Audio Andromeda
3. Truthear Hexa

The ones I’ve spent some time with

1. Thieaudio Monarch mk2
2. Campfire Audio Solaris
3. Dunu SA6

DS_Construct

herr.jemine

Hello,

1. Hidizs MP145
2. TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero
3. 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2

driven by Apogee Groove 40th Anniversary Edition / FiiO KA17

1. Moondrop Aria - Spectacular across the board, pleasing sound signature.
  2. FAAEAL Rosemary - Honestly wicked chill to listen to, hilariously good for like, the $18 I got them for.
  3. Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro - $80 on sale from OG $180 price tag, detailed default sound signature, app can EQ to whatever, comfortable, and very responsive reproduction, got for work, and have been very pleasantly surprised since.
Note: IEM's are not my main thing and I have not owned a lot of higher quality IEM's in general before relatively recently.

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Very comfortable and great sound, but there is a little peak in the high mids that bothers me
Has anyone tried Kiwi Ears Quintet?

They seem weird enough to be an interesting purchase.
Some say that the Simgot Supermix 4 sounds similar but with that peak fixed

InfiniteJester

Very comfortable and great sound, but there is a little peak in the high mids that bothers me

Some say that the Simgot Supermix 4 sounds similar but with that peak fixed
Yep, I bought the Quintet and it is fatiguing, veiled and thin.

Don't recommend it.

InfiniteJester

Woah woah calm down. I didnt find it thin at all, the bass sounded "correct fun" to me. Maybe you had a fit issue?

I don't think so. Mine don't sound like the FRs online at all.

Maybe they did an stealth update or I don't know what happens with my set.

InfiniteJester

You probably got a lemon, mine had great bass

Mine has subbass, but it acts like a pulse, it doesn't have any texture nor can represent melodies clearly. Comparing them now with some IEMs with great bass that I own, I believe that I understand why:

1717317680114.png

1717317760072.png

But I was mainly a bassist in my long dead career as a musician, so probably being able to hear those frequencies is not as important for the rest of people. I just can't agree with having only sub bass and not mid bass. I don't think that good speakers work that way, you don't usually hear massive sub bass with anemic mid bass when you listen to music:
index.php

Nor when you are playing your own music.

Sebby

After having many IEMs in the €20-€500 range, over time I sold everything and stuck with the Sennheiser IE200 and Rose Technics Star City 5 PRO.
They are the only ones that are truly comfortable, I don't need any Parametric EQ or any external dongle. Doing Blind Tests, I can't hear any differences between my Sony Xperia 5 V and Topping G5 apart from the maximum power, but with my smartphone I rarely go above 80% volume.
I put it on, connect it to my smartphone, turn on UAPP (this application is so good that it made me abandon ROON) and enjoy the music both at home and around the city. These 2 IEMs led me to abandon headphones (I had Hifiman Sundara) even when using them at home.

Top Bottom