• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

what are your industrial design favorites?

Dmitri

Forum Donor
S
The 3 wheeled ones would probably count as motorcycles in most states, so no worries. :cool:

So yeah...Another “donorcycle” then. Not proselytizing, just seems whenever I get on anything with two wheels, bad things happen. Three? Not so sure. It’s been quite a while since I pedaled a three wheeler....:rolleyes:
BTW...The above is positively badass.

Dmitri

Forum Donor
FD8F79EB-3975-4471-833E-A207385BB536.jpeg
Back on target with Industrial Design. I believe the Rotel 10 series qualifies. I know there’s definitely an either you love it or think it’s the ugliest thing ever conceived by man...but I like the fins, and love the amp. Also own a 1075 that just sits on the floor doing nothing for the last god knows how many years since I purchased the 1095 “pre loved.” Maybe someday I’ll up my multichannel game.

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I think this is worth being a industrial design favourite. A simple Estwing 21 oz hammer. :D
61fnMMgkGIL._AC_SL1098_.jpg
I have one of those, it's 47 years old and still going strong -- I got it when I started my Geology studies. It was standard issue for all aspiring geologists, together with a professional oil-suspension compass, which I believe also qualifies as a nice example of industrial design. I still have it, and it's still fully functional.
image.jpeg

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
I had a bunch of Cyrus components at one point, I thought they looked great on their dedicated rack:

1605260961606.png

However, in retrospect, I think the sound quality was fairly mediocre for the price and you could/can get much more for your money elsewhere.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
They're seamless and readily cleaned/sanitized -- which is why you'll find flooring like that in hospitals and biotechnology manufacturing suites. :)

Top Bottom