• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

600_OHM

Definitely! It is how small the musical circles were of people in those days, in which freely experimenting spirits (much less preoccupied with a commercial drive than nowadays) could produce a whole new sound that could define a new generation. I have a lifetime fascination for King Crimson and it’s founder, Robert Fripp. It now turns out that he also was connected to the Pentangle bubble. And indeed, you can hear many similarities (although I believe he really took off when he started working with the likes of Bowie and Eno).

I hear (or heard) it throughout most british genre's even if they were seemingly unrelated.

One thing throughout is the incorporation of huge musical range, along with timing that gave it a spatial sound, even if recorded in mono!

To be totally cliche' about it - it seems that when you give a relatively reserved British artist an avenue to explore and utilize and open up their range - they go for it, seemingly unconsciously! Like being freed from a cage and it's almost like taking a walking/jogging/running tour through the country - be it folk, rock, pop, heck even punk at times - whatever - that seductive *range* is something I keyed on very early in my childhood.

The British "vista" as I call it, can go for miles mentally.

To give credit to Fripp though - for me he is a master of range, and used it *all* - from going to "wall of sound" when needed, to monotonic and all ranges in between. Almost too much to take in during one session. :)

chuckt62

Editor

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Wake Up!

Katji

Major Contributor

Zensō - Shibusa (渋さ)​

artworks-OQt8WmaFzk7PUD0O-r2RD7A-t500x500.jpg

1654963593095.png

https://soundcloud.com/zenso-music%2Fshibusa

Top Bottom