• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

mvleff

The HU. (Yes, HU all caps.) Mongolian heavy metal throat singing . . . an awesome mashup of contemporary rock and traditional. I'll make another attempt but I resorted to the YouTube link because I was having trouble uploading a file. Their full album, the Gereg, isn't hard to find. Quoting a comment on the YouTube page: "Roses are red, violets are blue, when I listen to the HU, my neighbors do too." If your woofers can handle it, crank it up. And I'm not saying that as a listener who is normally a serious bass-head!

mvleff

Masekela_Introducing Hedzoleh Soundz.2.jpg
Something else I'd really like to share: A collaboration from Hugh Masekela from 1973 with a group from Ghana, Hedzoleh Soundz. Recorded at EMI Studios in Lagos, Nigeria. Appears to have never been reissued (at least not legitimately) since the original LP which I have and have religiously preserved, initially by dubbing it to cassette. There are several "downloads" available, likely from the same source material. I bought a download from Apple Music recently while waiting to pull the trigger on a desperately needed new turntable. A complete waste of $10. (The download, that is! The new turntable was considerably more than $10!) Tracks out of order and, more significantly, sped up by 10%+/_. But now I've got it nicely transferred to digital from my pristine LP. I'm going to choose one track to copy and paste for fear of copyright infringement! Original LPs can be found, but they ain't cheap! - Delighted that I stumbled on this thread. After all, isn't this what it's all really about, the music we love?! - I hope to inflict some of my loves on you all from time to time. - Cheers!

Don't know if anyone can help me with this, but I seem to be unable to upload music files from my computer, either as an attachment or as a copy/paste. So once again I am resorting to a track I found on YouTube. At least that will give a taste. - But I'd love to know the technical trick to get around this. Or is there some sort of copy protection built into the mpeg files on my Windows system?

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

VMAT4

Forum Donor

napfkuchen

VMAT4

Forum Donor

mvleff

Which one is rubbish?
Thought I replied earlier but it appears that it might not have sent so I'll do you the courtesy again: Both really but especially that "Sexy girl" drivel. Misogynistic, sexist objectification of what womanhood is "supposed" to be, at the beck and call of manhood that never matured beyond adolescence. But hey, whatever floats your boat. - I appreciate that we should favor keeping this thread light and friendly but I just really couldn't entirely hold back on this. With so much good music out there, why this?

Top Bottom