• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are you hoping to buy in BF?

delta76

Major Contributor
Black Friday could be full of surprises and we can end up buying things we did not plan to. But what is your wishlist waiting for a good discount?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My wish list includes the Dan Clark Audio STEALTH headphones or the newer one. I would need more time to figure it out. :D
z stealth.png

The newer model called EXPANSE.
z expanse.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MAB

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
My wish list includes the Dan Clark Audio STEALTH headphones or the newer one. I would need more time to figure it out. :D

get yourself the new ones and the old ones you gift to me :p

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
View attachment 239795
The newer model called EXPANSE.
View attachment 239796
Are you anticipating a big BF savings on either of these? What's your "educated guess" for a sale price?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Geeeech! I don't even expect a reduction. I hope for inventory. Sometimes the stuff goes out of stock. Otherwise I won't be buying today. :D

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My buying time is mid January when the store returns hit the big liquidators and it's like a fire sale on eBay. The big ones have to buy 50k per month on Amazon to get the big buys and their warehouses have to move it out. Lots of no reserve auctions and less buyers than sellers.
Drop sometimes has great sales on amps and DACs worth checking. If Hart cables has a sale I'll check too. If Tidal has a special might do a plan.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
A gigantic OLED pc monitor. Doom on 4K with Atmos blasting!

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
I keep reading What are you hoping for in your GF? :facepalm:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1959 Ferrari California Spider or '58 Maserati 300S

Old Listener

No audio gear but some computer tech stuff:

A M1 pro based 14" MacBook Pro a few weeks ago. My best tech buy in awhile.

A 1 TB USB SSD to replace a USB hard drive on my wife's Mac mini

A 4 TB USB SSD for experimenting with shared folders on my MAC as an alternative to file servers.

A 12 TB WD Red hard drive for use in my file server. Never enough disk space.

D

Deleted member 48726

Black Friday could be full of surprises and we can end up buying things we did not plan to. But what is your wishlist waiting for a good discount?
I have zero interest in black friday. Every price is raised some time ago to get that nice bold -50 % on the day. I don't buy things because of discount but because I need them. Almost everything I buy I have a price watch dog activated for so I get notified when the price drops. The same watch dog shows a trend for the items price and highlights the "big sale" days. It's easy to see the strategic price bumps.

OP
D

delta76

Major Contributor
I have zero interest in black friday. Every price is raised some time ago to get that nice bold -50 % on the day. I don't buy things because of discount but because I need them. Almost everything I buy I have a price watch dog activated for so I get notified when the price drops. The same watch dog shows a trend for the items price and highlights the "big sale" days. It's easy to see the strategic price bumps.
thankfully where I live there is a new law requires retailers to display lowest price in 30 days. they can't just lie anymore.
also we have price tracking sites :)

D

Deleted member 48726

thankfully where I live there is a new law requires retailers to display lowest price in 30 days. they can't just lie anymore.
also we have price tracking sites :)
Same law applies here I think. But 30 days isn't enough.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I see all your avatars and posts in 4K now! You all look fantastic in HDR! :)

Top Bottom