• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

what are you guys running with your Topping Pre90 ?

gentlejax

Ive got the silver version although Id prefer the black but....was wondering what amps you guys were using and if you were running analogue or a dac to yours.

I have my tv sending audio to a cheap best buy dac that sends the signal to my Pre90 and then it goes to my crown xls2502's . sounds ok. really havnt pushed it hard to see how it sounds at higher volume. i wonder how the cheap dac is influencing what i hear. I think I am going to remove it from the chain and test it also.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Ive got the silver version although Id prefer the black but....was wondering what amps you guys were using and if you were running analogue or a dac to yours.
I am running them into Benchmark AHB2 amps and my subs. Analog, of course, since the Pre90 is analog only.

yyzsb

I am running then with Benchmark AHB2 mono. I wanted the pre90 to work with my CODA #8 but it sounded dull. I was told it maybe an impedance mismatch. Good to know that a sub will work with the pre90. I have the KEF KC62 arriving this week and made the assumption it would work with the pre90. My first sub setup with KEF LS50's.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Do you think Topping Pre 90 is more transparent than Benchmark Preamp? LA4
I cannot say yes or no since the two were never in my system at the same time. I can say that an A/B switch between the Pre90 at 0dB gain and bypass is indistinguishable. So, would suspect that the LA4 an the Pre90 would be equally so. There are, of course, other aspects of the LA4 that can make it a more desirable choice despite the price.

Top Bottom