• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are you folks listening to right now?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
R.I.P. goes out to guitarist Gary Rossington of LynyrdSkynyrd band.
He was the last surviving member of the original band.
Southern rock of LynyrdSkynyrd gave the youth of the '70s some great driving tunes; such as "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Free Bird".

Cute Factoid: Their name (pronounced: /ˌlɛnərd ˈskɪnərd/ LEN-ərd SKIN-ərd) is a mockery of their high school PE teacher, who hated boys w/long hair.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The musical soulmates :facepalm:Jeff Beck and Johnny Depp:oops: ...
...have collaborated on a new album, “18” which draws its title from the youthful spirit and creativity they discovered in recording together.
The lead single from the album, “This Is A Song For Miss Hedy Lamarr,” an homage to the actress/inventor...
imo... the drums have the sound of a marching band.

Teeter

Was listening to internet MP3 classical piano.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
- Bill Evans (piano) with Eddie Gomez (bass) and Eliot Zigmund (drums): "You Must Believe In Spring"; 1977 Studio Album
____CR00455 Craft Recordings (2021 Made in U.S.A.)
____All-Analog recording from the original tapes by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio
____2-LP set cut at 45-RPM and pressed on 180-gram heavy and thick vinyl at RTI (actually 188-gram each)
2-LP: CR00455 CRAFT RECORDINGS, Made in U.S.A.
WS00005314.JPG

WS00005315.JPG

- The exact CD re-release with three bonus tracks:
_UCCO-5612 Craft Recordings (2022 re-mastered CD re-release, Made in Japan)
WS00005316.JPG

I posted/shared here on my project thread the details of my comparative listening sessions.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Report from the S.O.S.A.D. news-front.
If you liked DepecheMode of the olden days; you may find their 2023 music to be still rewarding to your brain's aural joy center.

Footnote: S.O.S.A.D = Same Old *hit, Another Day!:facepalm:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@AdamG247 posted the following elsewhere at ASR.

It took me a few days and some deep searching to get the best and exact match’s to the Music/Songs listed by Amir over this three part Thread(s). I had to improvise a few tracks that I was unable to find exact matches for. I did give it my best effort. Without further ado. Here is the updated Complete Playlists for Apple Music and Tidal. The Somgs are arranged in the order they were presented in these three threads. (69 Songs)

Amir’s 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Music Selections (Apple Music)

Amir’s 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Music Selections (Tidal)

From <https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-pacific-audio-fest-report-day-2.45942/page-6>

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It took me a few days and some deep searching to get the best and exact match’s to the Music/Songs listed by Amir over this three part Thread(s). I had to improvise a few tracks that I was unable to find exact matches for. I did give it my best effort. Without further ado. Here is the updated Complete Playlists for Apple Music and Tidal. The Somgs are arranged in the order they were presented in these three threads. (69 Songs)
That text is a shade of black on black and so it is pretty close to totally unreadable. :D
zzzzzzzzzzzzz Screenshot 2023-06-30 194107.png

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That text is a shade of black on black and so it is pretty close to totally unreadable. :D
Thanx Again.
Microsoft Office2021ProPlus - OneNote - still has not fixed that bug sorry! I was hoping it was behind me....:mad:
OnTrack: Some of @amirm's selections are very worthy (as usual).
I asked @AdamG247 to provide the list...

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
I asked @AdamG247 to provide the list...
My apologies but I must have missed this original call out and I don’t recall what list you requested. Would you mind refreshing my memory Sir?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My apologies but I must have missed this original call out and I don’t recall what list you requested. Would you mind refreshing my memory Sir?
Oh, shoot [banana shoots, that is],
My apology is bigger and better than yours:
I am getting (maybe) to be like a chatBot and possibly hallucinating.:eek:
I am imagining (maybe) that I had put a request in a short reply asking you to provide an 'xls or a pdf' list but I no longer see it as a reply anymore.
--------
Add On-Topic:
Are there any likes for Lana Del Rey?
She is definitely not a "spring chicken" (<< only because I can't say "Johnny come lately" or "a one-song Charlie").

Last edited:

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Oh, shoot [banana shoots, that is],
My apology is bigger and better than yours:
I am getting (maybe) to be like a chatBot and possibly hallucinating.:eek:
I am imagining (maybe) that I had put a request in a short reply asking you to provide an 'xls or a pdf' list but I no longer see it as a reply anymore.
I only use Apple IPad Pro’s as my Music Servers and I don’t know how to produce the.xls or .pdf files you requested. Maybe another kind Member who still uses a Laptop computer can use my previously liked playlists and create the files you seek. I did look and try but I don’t see a way to do this. Could very well be operator error. :facepalm:

shawndo

Forum Donor
just found this. great music and awesome bass.
Noname - Prayer Song

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Would the latest "alexsucks" single be a good hint at the current youth-dysphoria?
His song "Six Pack and a Cigarette" makes me laugh but it's a sad laugh!

robwpdx

The Kronos Quartet is spearheading a collaborative release of music by Moondog.

Moondog was a famous blind poet and street musician in NYC.

Moondog

MAC49_MOONDOG_POST01.jpg

Top Bottom